Eclyse The "Zorse"

1. [​IMG]
    It was more a case of a zebra cross breeding than a zebra crossing when this stunning animal was born in a German zoo.

Meet Eclyse, the result of a relationship between a zebra and a horse, who's celebrating its first birthday at Safariepark Zoo in the city of Schloss Holte-Stukenbrock.
    The distinctive 'zorse' - which could just as accurately have been christened a 'hebra' - has fast become one of the zoo's most popular attractions, capturing the imagination of park visitors. While most zebra-horse cross-breeds sport stripes across their entire body, Eclyse only has two such patches on its face and rear.

I hate to see animals cross-bred. :confused1:

2. Very pretty!:smile: I've never seen a horse/zebra mix before!

3. Is that real? Totally looks like a photoshop project!

4. ^ That is what I was thinking. If it is real then it is very cool looking.

5. That is really cool!! and pretty!

6. Wow, if that is real they must have bred a zebra to a paint horse, or a paint producing horse. Although it's conformation, head, mane and tail look exactly like a zebra's, not a domestic horse. It is really cute though.....

7. The Zorse is real. :yes:

8. Interesting.

9. wow what a beauty!

10. Adorable!

11. They showed the zorse on my local NBC news last night.

Zorses have been around for a while- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zorse although I've never seen one so visually half&half before!

There are Zonkeys too, by the way!! Half donkey and half zebra!

12. Yes, they have been around for a while. I know someone who breeds zebra/miniature horses for the mix. I have not seen a pinto though. Very pretty.

13. He is soooo cute!!!

14. Whoa! :blink: That's crazy but pretty cool looking!

15. if its real, how COOL.