Echarpe Cachemire Double Face

Katyc, I popped into the store just before dinner time. I tried it on, and it is indeed gorgeous. Very luxuriously soft. (S$2,400 equals to USD1,500) It reminds me of a shahtoosh. I was told that there were only 3 pieces, and hence there were only 2 left. And both of them are very different in colour/look.

I didn't get it because I am waiting to buy a printed pashmina. If I don't have this other option, I swear I would have brought one of the remaining two home!

Sue, I don't have dimensions to share with you, so you will have to wait for Katyc to measure and post back here. What I can estimate is that it should be about 2.3m in length, and about 1.2m in width. So, it can be wrapped around like a pashmina :yes:

By the way, here's an excerpt from a website called allola which sells shawls. It explains very well what the various types of shawls are :P

So, the smaller the microns, the softer the shawl.

Q. What's the difference between shahtoosh, shamina, pashmina (cashmere), merino wool, alpaca, and mohair?

A. Let us compare these woolen products from their sources and fiber diameters:

shahtoosh: downy undercoat from Tibetan antelope (or chiru) (Pantholops hodgsonii); between 10 and 12 microns

cashmere: downy undercoat from goats (Capra hircus); between 12 and 21 microns

shamina: finer and softer cashmere fibers; may be less than 14 microns

merino wool: fleece from a breed of sheep (Ovis aries); between 18 and 24 microns

alpaca: hair from llama; between 17 and 28 microns

mohair: fleece from Angora goat; kid fleece is 22 to 27 microns; adults, over 40 microns

Ladies,

katyc and I were exchanging notes via PM and we realised that we both saw different category of shawls. Her new shawl, as posted, is the same size as her earlier gorgeous escharpe tweedee. Whereas the one that I viewed today is large and wraps like a pashmina.

What's the story ... there are many new shawls for the cold season! So, go check them out!!! I was pre-empted by my SA actually before I visited the store, that some shawls are in the ladies' RTW section, and some shawls are in the Home section. Very confusing but I think all of you will work it out when you visit your local boutiques.

By the way, here's an excerpt from a website called allola which sells shawls. It explains very well what the various types of shawls are :P

So, the smaller the microns, the softer the shawl.

Q. What's the difference between shahtoosh, shamina, pashmina (cashmere), merino wool, alpaca, and mohair?

A. Let us compare these woolen products from their sources and fiber diameters:

shahtoosh: downy undercoat from Tibetan antelope (or chiru) (Pantholops hodgsonii); between 10 and 12 microns

cashmere: downy undercoat from goats (Capra hircus); between 12 and 21 microns

shamina: finer and softer cashmere fibers; may be less than 14 microns

merino wool: fleece from a breed of sheep (Ovis aries); between 18 and 24 microns

alpaca: hair from llama; between 17 and 28 microns

mohair: fleece from Angora goat; kid fleece is 22 to 27 microns; adults, over 40 microns
Thanks very much for this, MrsS :flowers: Very useful for shawl-newbie like me :smile: