Ebay Won't Let Me Post LV!!!

1. Ok, so this is going to be more of a rant and I'm sorry but I am quite frustrated at the moment and I SO need to vent!!! I have a few designer items I want to put on auction (mostly Louis Vuitton). I've been a registered user on eBay since 2004 and have been paypal-verified since that time. I don't get the chance to auction too many things off (I have about 45 transactions to my name) but I've only ever sold authentic designer bags and accessories and have 100% positive feedback.

Now I'm in Manila and we have eBay Phil (uses the same account as US eBay except there are no listing fees, no Ebay commission for completed sales, but also less protection) and decided to give it a try since having to ship items internationally means I may need to lower my asking price if I want to remain competitive.

Anyway, I successfully listed 2 LV bags and 1 YSL bag last week. Today I tried posting a listing for an LV wallet and a couple of agendas. I kept getting a warning that my listing contained "banned words or may be against ebay community policy". When I contacted customer service regarding this, they told me that my auctions couldn't be put up because I am not paypal-verified. When I mentioned that I've been paypal verified for over 3 years they said

"If a seller lists a high volume of items of a type that are often
    subject to counterfeiting, they may be prevented from listing additional
    items of that type for a period of time. If upon review of the seller
    account it does not clearly appear that the seller is offering unlawful
    or prohibited items, the restriction may be removed and the seller may
    be permitted to continue listing. They won't be subjected to additional
    volume limits but they will be subject to normal Trust & Safety policies
    and procedures that already are in effect."

AAAAARrrgh!!!! This means if I only want to sell designer items that I can't??? Or that I can as long as I don't put in the brand name??? I am SO upset right now and it looks like selling internationally is my only recourse. (or it means I can no longer buy new bags because I have no way of divesting my closet of accummulated goods - grrrr!!!). I know this situation won't apply to most of you as this may be a local idiosyncrasy. I just need a bit of empathy at the moment:sad:
  2. Ok, I just tried posting on the US site and it gave me this warning:

"In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts listing items that are reportedly favored by counterfeiters. At this time, you are limited in the number of items you can list (or revise) in any 7 day period. If you have any additional questions about this subject, email us at Customer Support.

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship."

Is any one else having this problem? xxxxxxxx Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
  3. that's their new gay policy, happened to me as well. apparently its for preventing replicas. pretty useless if u ask me.
    i was once told by a ebay live help rep that i had seller restriction, n all i had to do was contacting trust&safety department to have it removed. so i did, n they told me that they thought my restriction was reasonable at this stage blah blah blah. i got quite pissed off coz my bags were used authentics. they put restriction on a flee marketer like me rather than the big replica sellers? i complaint to them again but yet nothings changed.
    i guess u could write to trust&safety department n give it a shot. good luck to u
  4. Happens to pretty much everyone the first time they try to list a lot of stuff. You need to email the customer service people explaining that you are a legitimate seller, etc. and they should lift the limit.
  5. Thanks so much ladies! I was beginning to think it was me (I just reported an auction for a fake Bal bag). I used to post 10 items at a time but haven't posted anything for auction in a couple of years. I wrote customer service and hope they get back to me soon!