eBay suspended my account - but I've never bought or sold anything!!

1. I registered in eBay a few weeks ago and now I've received an e-mail from eBay saying that I've been suspended. The thing is I have not bought nor have I sold anything yet. I've practically not done anything except register.

The e-mail is attached below and it doesn't really explain anything. What does this mean? Has this happened to any of you? Please help! :crybaby:

Dear [user],

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended due to concerns we have for the safety and integrity of the eBay community.

"Abusing eBay" of the eBay User Agreement states, in part:

"...we may limit, suspend, or terminate our service and user accounts, prohibit access to our website, remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep users off the Site if we think that they are creating problems, possible legal liabilities, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies."

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account.

Please note that any seller fees due to eBay will immediately become due and payable. eBay will charge any amounts you have not previously disputed to the billing method currently on file.

eBay Trust & Safety
  2. Okay, that is odd. I would try to do a live chat with them.
  3. Are you posting on the ebay message boards?
  4. are there any other members in your house networked with your pc?
  5. Just a watch out here, I will find some more information and then post in a general area.

Anybody who is using a WiFi connection, make sure that you are set up securely.

There have been several incidents recently in the UK, where people have been billed for massive amounts due to downloaded files. In all the instances, these people only use their pc's for simple exchange of email. One such incident was £300.

My OH was helping a colleague from work with a new laptop, at the time, his colleague did not have any access to the internet.

As soon as they set the laptop up, it started searching for a "hot spot" and immediately came up all ready for him to connect. He is not pc savy at all, and so he had no idea what was going on. But, his pc had found one of his neighbours insecure WiFi, and he could well have decided to use it. (He didn't and wouldn't know how to).

Check and double check, it is so important that you are secure in every way.

My laptop can talk to my mobile phone from a great distance, not too sure how far, but again it is a worry.
  6. Very strange.Can you go on live chat with Ebay?
  7. No, I've never posted anything on the ebay message board. The only activity I've done so far was sent a message to a seller by using the "Ask seller a question" button. But our subsequent communication was through e-mail.
  8. Thanks for your insight SoliTia. Are you saying that someone could have hacked into my ebay account?

I've tried double-checking my credit card, and so far (touch wood) there has been no transactions made. I've also not seen any activities in my ebay account.

Indeed this has been a really strange experience. I have sent an e-mail enquiry to ebay asking for further clarification. Let's see what they have to say.

Thank you everyone for your responses and help. Fingers-crossed. I'll give you an update.
  9. Further evidence that eBay has lost their mind. Sorry this happened to you.
  10. That sounds very weird. Are you sure the email came from them? Have you tried to log into your account to see if it really is suspended?
  11. Yes, I tried logging-in and an alert appears to tell me that my account has been suspended.

And here's the weird thing, I've just realised that my account was suspended on the same day I registered!! :confused1:

Please help! Anyone else have any ideas or experience this?
  12. I would try to contact them anyway but by using a link in this email they sent you.
  13. Sorry that was happen to you. You can ask eBay by directly reply to the notification you received. Sometimes they tell you how to re-solve the problem to get your account re-instate. But if no instruction, go to the main page, click help look for A-Z and click S and click the suspension-reason and you can e-mail from there. Good luck.
  14. I've already replied ebay through the "act on this alert" button in my ebay e-mail account. It says that ebay will respond within 24-48 hours. Well, I sent the e-mail on Friday and no response so far!nI've sent them another e-mail today. So let's see.

Arrrgh!!! This is soooo frustrating!

Thank you to everyone who has responded here. I really appreciate the support you have shown me. Hugs.
  15. I can understand your frustration. Try live chat as well.