Ebay Selling Restrictions

1. :push:
    Has this ever happened to anyone?

They put selling restrictions on my account, and gave me the generic message,
    "...selling limits are
    occasionally placed on accounts listing items that are reportedly
    favored by counterfeiters..." etc.

There are tons of people who sell fakes on eBay.. some even have entire stores filled with them (do a search for Galliano and 90% will be fake t-shirts)

And consequently, I, a seller of authentic items, have restrictions. :sad: doesn't make sense.

sooo, i emailed eBay, and still they emailed me back..

"After review of your account, it has been determined that the
    restrictions were properly placed and will remain active.

Please keep in mind that you are not permitted to sell items on eBay
    bearing the name or logo of a company if the product has not been made
    or authorized by that company. In addition, the sale of counterfeit
    items, unauthorized replicas and unauthorized copies is prohibited by
    law, and therefore..."

ebay really needs some help in this department. :p

2. ...
    They need to hire the ladies from this forum to authenticate properly ...

3. Ebay removes authentic bags too...I wonder if it's because sellers of the fake versions are reporting the real ones as fakes using different accounts.

Yeah I really don't get this whole seller restriction thing. It doesn't solve the problem of fakes...I still see a ton of them out there.

4. Yep, been there, done that. I listed six Coach items then the restriction kicked in. After they closed I could list a few more; after they closed a few more, etc etc. Highly annoying. How the sellers listing hundreds of fakes at a time get by this is beyond me. One of the ebay discussion boards had the list of keywords that trigger limits.

5. this should be in the ebay forum not dior

6. Ohhh...That is horrivble, especially right around the holidays. I am so terribly sorry. I will send good wishes your way and hopefully you will get everything worked out. Happy Holidays.:heart::heart::heart: