eBay seller holding my item

A buyer can still file a claim regardless, unless you are only selling one item and plan to close your paypal account then I don't understand the point in waiting until the funds clear into a personal bank account. (Naturally I wait until the funds have cleared in my paypal account). I had a chargeback last month from an item I sold in December, fortunately paypal sided with me.
Anyhow glad to hear your sidekick is on its way!

I am wary now and will wait until the money is transfered into my bank
Paypal are no ones pal except e bays,even if you complete a withdrawal to your bank account they can and do reverse that days later and can freeze your account so you loose your money for up to six months

so I now will wait until the funds are out of paypal and showing in my account for sure

'

If a seller is using paypal they do not have the right to not ship until funds are in the bank account, unless they don't want to be covered by the seller protection policy. To be covered they must ship within 7 days.

I have never had the money take longer than 2 or 3 days to post to my checking account. And yes, we do have the right to not ship till funds clear our accounts. When the buyers pays and you transfer that money immediately to your checking or savings, its typically only 2 or 3 days at the most to be posted and cleared. Thats why PayPal gives us 7 days.