ebay scammers stealing photos from forums like this

I am so sick of all of this "picture theft"!!! This happens to me all the time & most times it gets back to me & I report it, but now since I have my snobshopper.com site & I still have a few ebay listings...I have to be careful what I watermark them with...

Heaven forbid...my photo says "snobshopper.com"...that is advertising and against eBay policies...those were removed! Then I go to just use my user ID...and it gets cropped out! I am tired of watermarking...

I have so many bags...does anyone really realize how much of an extra pain in the butt it is for me to watermark all these pics...and I TAKE A LOT OF THEM!!!

Sorry to vent...I am just about to give up:sad:
K~

kathyrose said:
Unfortunately sometimes even with the watermark, they still take the photos. eBay can't do anything about it unless the owner of the photo contacts them and states that it was stolen cause "they could've allowed them to use their photo" was the reason eBay gave me before.

yes, thank u vlad :P
but maybe you could make it bigger? because it'll be easily cropped out?

The only other idea would be to make posters have say..100 quality posts (like actual posts, not just yes, no, maybe etc. answers to different topics) before being able to view collections threads and the designer forums..surely people would understand that it's for the safety of the TPF members.
That way they'd have to get themselves established a bit before just coming in and being able to see everything right away. Also, make it mandatory for everyone to post about themselves in the "who the heck are ya" thread so we can be introduced to them.
It might seem like a lot of rules but I'm sure (I hope) people would understand..

pics will get stolen no matter what but if you watermark them properly it will be harder to do so.

Make sure your watermark goes across the ctr of the item and is not easily cropped out.

You can also add @ tpf in the watermark so if we see your pics on Ebay or ioffer it will be easier to find you.

Ebay really doesn't seem to care as long as they are making money so we have to make it harder for them to make money.

In the past 3 days I've reported over 30 auctions and one of them was the stolen YSL Muse pics:yucky:

seahorseinstripes said:
yes, thank u vlad :P
but maybe you could make it bigger? because it'll be easily cropped out?
No, no, no. :P I meant let's say your picture was stolen with your watermark on it. The seller uses the exact same picture with your watermark on it still. I report it to eBay but they said maybe you allowed the seller to use their picture. Sounds wonky eh?