Ebay problem - need advice

1. What do you do when you've bought something on eBay that you really want, and have tried to pay, oh, daily for the last 10 days, but there is constantly a problem with the seller's Paypal account? She tells me her account was hacked into, and paypal is taking its sweet time resolving the issue, but I mean, come on. Set up a new account or use another service.

Come to think of it, is there another, Paypal-like service I can ask her to use?

Now she wants a check from me, but I don't want to send her that. for all I know, she could take the money and run, and then what recourse would I have? I really want the item I bought (and no, I'm not saying what it is), but this is very annoying. What should I do?

2. I had a similar problem where the seller's paypal account wasn't working~ his account was frozen. Anyway, I ended up sending the payment to his g/f's Paypal account. I asked eBay if that was okay and they said yes. I also printed out a copy of the conversation just incase so I would have proof that eBay gave me the go-ahead. Maybe you can send payment via Paypal to one of her relative's accounts or something?

3. Thanks so much! She's agreed not to charge me for shipping (I basically got really annoyed with her and suggested cancelling the transaction) and I asked her about opening another paypal account. Let's see.

4. Ok- keep us posted!

5. There is also Bidpay much like p.p. alot of sellers have switched to that now

6. ^^^I will have to look into bidpay! How does it work?

7. Very much like p.p., I just signed up yesterday and added my bank, and c.c. info, I was interested in an item from a seller and that is all he took, so I signed up incase I decided to bid.