Ebay PowerSeller Requirements are Changing!

1. I just got a new email from the PowerSeller's program, and this is part of it:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

So starting in July, you not only need minimum sales and listings and feedback percentage to remain a powerseller, you also will have to have no lower than a 4.5 on each of your ratings. I already have a 4.5 for shipping cost. eBay's answer? Offer free shipping. They don't take a final value fee on shipping charges, so I guess they are hoping sellers will now add shipping into the price of the item and then ship for free, generating eBay more fees.
    [/FONT]

2. Yeah, it sucks...it has been posted on the ps portal for a bit now.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shipping cost: Keep it real. Buyers leave lower DSRs for sellers who pad shipping costs so make sure yours reflect real costs. Better yet, offer discounted or free shipping--and combined shipping for multiple item orders. Itemize costs in the listing (handling, insurance, etc.) so there are no surprises.[/FONT]

3. Shipping cost: Keep it real. Buyers leave lower DSRs for sellers who pad shipping costs so make sure yours reflect real costs. Better yet, offer discounted or free shipping--and combined shipping for multiple item orders. Itemize costs in the listing (handling, insurance, etc.) so there are no surprises.

:wacko::cursing: It is the buyers who have to keep it real!!!

I have commented about this on other threads. I personally know of one powerseller who offers nothing but FREE shipping in all her listings and she has gotten her stars dinged for S&H charges, has a 4.7 on charges. That is what a seller gets for Free shipping!

4. I'm not sure why shipping is even one of the criteria. It is specified in the listing so if you don't like the shipping charge, don't bid. The other items are valid because they are not obvious in the listing.

5. ^^good point!

6. Not sure about the US but in the UK you also have to be registered as a business to be a PS now