eBay listing Do’s & Don’ts!

1. Oh boy, I’m in the same boat as some of you whose listings were pulled. I listed a Bbag, Gucci and LV yesterday and all 3 never made it. The funny thing is, I have original receipts for the Gucci and LV! eBay pulled all before they showed up in Search. I’ve read through a lot of posting here and picked up some of the Dos and Don’ts when listing. I thought I had followed them all but perhaps not :confused1:

So my idea for this thread is this, compiling ALL of the eBay listing Do’s and Don’ts. Please veteran sellers, share your wisdom!

I’ll start with what I’ve learned.

- Post lots of clear photos of the item and receipt

- Make mention that you are not an authorized dealer of the brand

- If your item is currently being sold at an authorized dealer’s website, do not mention it

- Write the content yourself, do not copy and paste from the brand’s website

- If you do copy and paste from the brand’s website, make sure to quote
  2. Thanks for putting together these tips.

I don't know if this will help, but maybe list only 1 bag at a time?
  3. Write to them. I've written emails and this is what I got back. However, once AGAIN another listing of mine was removed!! So I had to write them again. It's a crazy ordeal. I would normally not bother but I run a LV consignment business so it's interrupting my livelihood

Dear Theresa,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to the the removal of your handbag

It appears your items were removed by mistake. Please accept our
    apologies, and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    I have reinstated the listings and they now appear on eBay as completed
    items. You should receive a separate email from eBay confirming this.

All related fees were credited for the original listings, but you will
    need to re-list the items for them to show up in the search results and
    receive new bids. Also, a note has been left on your account explaining
    the situation.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate you taking the
    time to work with us on this issue. We look forward to a long and
    successful relationship with you and we appreciate your membership in
    the eBay community.

Thank you for your time.
  4. I do not have any pearls of wisdom at this point. I got suspended and am now trying to work things out with ebay. I think the only way you will not get pulled is if you are a my poupette seller. I think it might be worth it to join them at this point. I do think they charge for it though.
  5. How did you get suspended? I think you can work with them
  6. Since some of us here are occasional sellers, I wouldn't think the eBay would care too much. I think I will re-work the listings and sell one at a time. I'll let you guys know if this works.

Keep your fingers crossed for me cause' this mama needs a new bag or two :yes:
  7. What a time consuming hassel....
    Sorry your auctions were pulled.
    Its such a bummer how ebay is targeting sellers with real authentic items..
  8. you know- I got the same thing and I re-posted and it was pulled again. So I got yet anouthor letter like this after i complained. Happened again so I just waited for a week or and re-posted... nothing. It was so annoying and frusterating. I was like- HELLO! You just sent me this email saying the removal was a mistake and yet you pulled it AGAIN??? WTF? :shrugs:
  9. It's b/c the ppl pulling them down and the ppl reviewing these requests are not the same people - this is so retarded