Ebay...I need to vent!

1. I have been mostly a lurker on this forum for the past two months...and have been soaking in so much info that I really haven't found the time to post...but something happened to me tonight that made me so mad...and since I don't know anyone else that would understand as much as someone who shares the "bag" obsession that I do...I just really need to vent. :cursing:

I have been on eBay for over 7 years and have 100% feedback as a seller. I just had someone try to tell me that the limited edition Coach purse that I sold them wasn't authentic and that they were told this when they took it to the Coach store. I purchased this bag from Coach.com in 2003 so I was caught off guard by this accusation. I told the buyer (who by the way only has a feedback score of 4) that they had until next Friday to send the bag back to me for a full refund and that I wanted the store name, ph #, and sales person that told them this info. The buyer wanted to know if they could send it to the Coach law department for authentication, and return it in 3-4 weeks if it wasn't authentic :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

eBay makes me so sad...you can build up 7 years of honest buying and selling and have this crap happen to you. I really don't know if it's worth it anymore....thanks for listening to my vent. :sad:
  2. Gosh, I'm sorry. Come and vent anytime. Pretty nervy for a very low feedback buyer to accuse you like that. 3-4 weeks?! She must be joking. I've read similar things from sellers over on the eBay purse board--that it's no fun anymore and so many buyers are a PITA.

Best wishes for a satisfactory resolution.
  3. Awhhh, Im sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope things work out for the best. She must be out of her mind to keep the bag for a month and have the nerve to return it!
  4. This is Coach's policy. The authentication process takes about 6 weeks. I went through the process myself with my first bag (and fake one) purchase on eBay.

If you do not want to wait that long, ask the buyer to return the bag to you. However, watch out for switchy trick. She may return a fake one.
  5. I know I probably shouldn't post this but...I don't know how many times I can ask a question and get a run around on the answer:

Me: I would really like to know why they did not think it was authentic since I purchased it from Coach.com. Can you tell me why they didn't think it was authentic. I will be calling them tomorrow. Please send the bag back to me as soon as possible so I can be assured to get it by Friday and give you your refund.

Buyer: [FONT=Arial, Verdana] was wondering of you still carry the original reciept for the purse, and if you do, if I can get a copy of corse with your private information blocked out. I hope you do not mean Friday tomorrow. I do not think that is possible to return the purse to you by tomorrow. I would ve very appriciated if you could give me some time to concider.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]You mean she did not give you a reason why it wasn't authentic? That's not really acceptable, if that is the case. I will call them, because I have never experienced a situation like this before. If you check my feedback you will know that I buy and sell several high end purses for my own use. Honestly, if you can't give me a actually reason why she said it wasn't authentic then I shouldn't really refund your money...but I will if that is what you would like me to do...but I have to receive the purse back by next Friday for this to happen.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]I have checked your feedbacks, that is why I have bid on your purse, otherwise, I woudn't have. And your picures, everything you have provided on ebay made me confident that it would be no doubt authentic coach. I usually bay directly from Coach store or online. I have never bought coach thru Ebay before. I could not find the exact purse nowhere but Ebay. You have no idea how happy I was that moment when I found your purse, and actually win it. Although as I said, I have been buying directly from the store, or online,this is why I took the purse to them to see, to make sure. [/FONT]
  6. Yeah...that is kind of annoying...it sounds like this is someone who is just not sure because they do not trust their own ability to tell real from fake, and they decided to ask you to see how you would react or to get additional confirmation/authentication from you. If you are certain about the authenticity of your bag, then I would feel comfortable continuing to request more information on just where and by who this bag was labeled a replica. Forums like this are one (where there are countless discussions about fake bags selling at authentic prices on ebay)reason why she may have her doubts. It gets worse and worse every day to where it seems like finding an authentic anything (on ebay)is like finding a needle in a haystack. Maybe she is just trying to reassure herself.
  7. Loser can not even CONSIDER the right spelling for CONSIDER.

I had some nasty little ebayers in my years of selling...
  8. Perhaps you could post your auction link up in the Coach auth thread and have some of the girls authenticate it for you? Or is it too late for that?

You could also try calling up Coach.com and see if they can locate that 2003 purchase, they may still have sales history on file to send you. Couldn't hurt to try!

Good Luck!
  9. Thithi,
    These are fantastic suggestions. I like the first better, because it is cleaner and faster. By having the girls here to authenticate it, you have a written proof to provide to the nervous and lost buyer for re-assuring her.