Ebay help--cancel a bid or not?

1. Hello!

I have a bit of a dilemna--i'm selling an authentic Chanel bag on eBay and ask all negative/less than 10 positive feedback bidders to contact be before bidding. There is only 10 hours left in the auction and last night, a zero feedback bidder with a user id (Canada) created the same day bid until the reserve price was met. I want a serious auction and don't want the other serious bidders to think it's shill bidding or something fishy. I sent them a mail asking them to contact me immediately, but since I'm in europe and the zero-feedback person is in Canada, there is limited time to hear back from them.

I don't have a lot of experience with zero-feedback people and the bidding is in the $800 range, so should I cancel their bid or just see how the auction goes?

2. i would see how it goes....we all had to start with zero feedback at some point I guess

I do understand where you are coming from though - I have had many a problem with newbies on eBay

have you heard back from them yet?
  3. No. I only checked the auction this morning and sent them a mail, but it's 4am in canada so I doubt I would hear back from them until only a few hours before the end of the auction. Why can't people read!? :smile:
  4. Wouldn't the eBay discussion boards be a more appropriate place to post questions on how to conduct Ebay auctions? :shrugs:

That's what they are there for.