eBay, etc. General Question/Answer Thread

I had a buyer open a INR case in ebay. The buyer thought it might have been put in the wrong box in his complex. I uploaded tracking. Then I went on vacation. When I came back I contacted the buyer through the case to see if there was any progress. Today he told me he found it. The case will close automatically in a week. Should I wait for that, or should I escalate to get it closed?
If tracking shows as "delivered," I'd call or escalate to get it closed. Why have it sitting open for another week?

Reactions: PikaboICU
If tracking shows as "delivered," I'd call or escalate to get it closed. Why have it sitting open for another week?

Agree I would upload the tracking to the case call & have it closed while you're on the phone. INR cases are one type that can cause a defect so as BB said, I wouldn't leave it stewing..
Thank you. The buyer just closed it so I hope that is the end of it. He was one of those buyers who asked a million questions before the sale.

It's possible but if that were to happen (and if the buyer filed a dispute), my suggestion would be to follow up with a phone call directly to the postal facility in the buyer's zip code. (At it's premature to worry yet.)
The tracking still hasn't changed, saying it "has arrived at facility 9 days ago". The buyer hasn't contacted me or left a feedback. I think it was delivered but not updated. I paid for tracking AND signature so it looks like I won't ever get a signature. The item is more than $750 and I am not happy! :tdown::tdown:

I paid for an item plus shipping and the listing said priority mail. Once the seller shipped they used USPS Retail ground, which I had to google. It's basically a new name for parcel post.

How would you handle this? Ding on the feedback? Ask for a refund on additional postage? I understand that I agreed to the shipping rate, but that was for priority mail. It's going to take over a week for package that should arrive in 2-3 days with priority.

I paid for an item plus shipping and the listing said priority mail. Once the seller shipped they used USPS Retail ground, which I had to google. It's basically a new name for parcel post.

How would you handle this? Ding on the feedback? Ask for a refund on additional postage? I understand that I agreed to the shipping rate, but that was for priority mail. It's going to take over a week for package that should arrive in 2-3 days with priority.
I thought the "new" name for parcel post was "parcel select."

This is what you might consider. Calculate the shipping cost of based on the approximate weight and go to usps.com and calculate shipping cost of both Priority and parcel post. Since the listing stated priority mail, I would probably email the seller that you noticed she made a shipping error in using parcel post (or whatever term) when she advertised Priority mail and since you paid for priority, you'd like a refund of the $x difference in cost.

I don't have enough privileges to start my own thread but I'm wondering if I could get some opinions on what to do.

I panick purchased a bag on eBay that I had been looking for (Gucci Sukey Medium Top Handle) and afterwards it was authenticated here as being fake. I paid for an authentication from Castira and she also says it's fake.

The seller is insisting it's real and you can't authenticate a bag via pictures. She tried to sell it to rebagg.com and they ended up declining the bag due to an imperfection in one of the handles. I was able to see the emails back and forth between her and rebagg. They didn't mention anything about authenticity.

She's insisting I look at the bag in person and if I want to return to her she'll waive the 10% restock fee.

I live in Canada though, so shipping it back and getting my import fees etc back will be a hassle. I don't want a fake bag but she's really insisting that the bag is real.

What would you guys do? I really don't know what to do. If it is real i really want the bag :sad:

I don't have enough privileges to start my own thread but I'm wondering if I could get some opinions on what to do.

I panick purchased a bag on eBay that I had been looking for (Gucci Sukey Medium Top Handle) and afterwards it was authenticated here as being fake. I paid for an authentication from Castira and she also says it's fake.

The seller is insisting it's real and you can't authenticate a bag via pictures. She tried to sell it to rebagg.com and they ended up declining the bag due to an imperfection in one of the handles. I was able to see the emails back and forth between her and rebagg. They didn't mention anything about authenticity.

She's insisting I look at the bag in person and if I want to return to her she'll waive the 10% restock fee.

I live in Canada though, so shipping it back and getting my import fees etc back will be a hassle. I don't want a fake bag but she's really insisting that the bag is real.

What would you guys do? I really don't know what to do. If it is real i really want the bag :sad:

Welcome to the Purse Forum!
Two authentications deem this bag fake, and there's an imperfection in one of the handles. If it were me, I would pass on it and keep looking. Trust your instincts - you don't want a fake bag!

ETA: You certainly can authenticate a bag with pictures. What poppycock!

i wouldn't care, personally. i don't think you're entitled to a shipping refund, but could note in feedback that it was listed as priority but sent parcel post. it could also be an error on the seller's part. sometimes i do the opposite - list parcel post and ship priority. sometimes i list priority and ship something else. most people don't care, really. if someone really needs a package quickly they usually will mention it beforehand. most people are truly very accommodating and just happy to get what they ordered, myself included, lol

Reactions: nicole0612

has she shipped it yet? maybe show her the authentication paperwork you received. i would call ebay and/or paypal right away for guidance and let them know you believe you purchased a fraudulent item.

It's not the only Sukey on ebay. Very few bags are OOAK so I would just be patient and find another. But for future purchases, have bags authenticated BEFORE buying!

If Castira says it's fake, I trust her!

i wouldn't care, personally. i don't think you're entitled to a shipping refund, but could note in feedback that it was listed as priority but sent parcel post. it could also be an error on the seller's part. sometimes i do the opposite - list parcel post and ship priority. sometimes i list priority and ship something else. most people don't care, really. if someone really needs a package quickly they usually will mention it beforehand. most people are truly very accommodating and just happy to get what they ordered, myself included, lol
It's perfectly acceptable for a seller to UPGRADE shipping and use a faster and more expensive method than was advertised. But sellers are NOT allowed to downgrade to a cheaper and slower shipping method if they've advertised priority mail.

You say "most people don't care." I disagree. People expect to get what they paid for, whether it's the item or the shipping method. Why should the buyer have to wait several extra days because the item wasn't sent by the speedy service offered?

I thought the "new" name for parcel post was "parcel select."

This is what you might consider. Calculate the shipping cost of based on the approximate weight and go to usps.com and calculate shipping cost of both Priority and parcel post. Since the listing stated priority mail, I would probably email the seller that you noticed she made a shipping error in using parcel post (or whatever term) when she advertised Priority mail and since you paid for priority, you'd like a refund of the $x difference in cost.

Oops, it's actually a new name for Standard post, my mistake. Thank-you, I think I'll try this approach and see what happens.

I disagree. I'm a seller myself. I almost always list first class mail and then upgrade to priority if it's not too much more. But if it is more, then I haven't promised the buyer something I can't deliver. I also never charge for shipping, I just build it into the price of the item.

If the shipping was free then I wouldn't care if they listed priority and shipped with a slower method, but technically they still should be shipping based on whatever is in their listing.

I am going out of town and if the item was shipped priority it would arrive before I left, so it makes it more annoying in this instance.

It's not the only Sukey on ebay. Very few bags are OOAK so I would just be patient and find another. But for future purchases, have bags authenticated BEFORE buying!

If Castira says it's fake, I trust her!

I definitely will have it authenticated before next time lol lesson learned! Hopefully an authentic Guccissima Sukey Medium Top Handle pops up soon *prays* lol