Ebay dilemma, need opinions

  1. Alright, so I know eBay sales are slow this month. I have a Chanel bag up right now with a BIN price of $2595, or best offer. I paid $2995. It was used one time and is in flawless condition. I have receipt, all paperwork, box, bag, etc. Should I take an offer of $2200, including shipping, or hold out until the fall when things pick up? The thing is, it's python, so I'm just worried it isn't for everyone and might be hard to sell later too. What would you do? I just hate to lose $850 on a bag I used once, but it's better then nothing. Ugh! What to do :shrugs:.
  2. I'd hold off on selling it until after the Labor Day holiday. Things should pick up then. Good luck!
  3. Definitely put it up after labor Day. It sounds divine.

    I think alot of people are away or just not on the computer right now.
  4. Okay, now she's offering $2295 + shipping. Now what? Sorry, I'm so undecided today. I don't know what's wrong with me.
  5. I don't know how eager you are to sell this bag. If you could hold it up till Oct. or Nov. it will be the season for X'mas shopping. You should be able to sell it with better price then. I had serveral high price bags sold in November in the past.
  6. ^i agree -- it depends how desperate you are to sell this bag. also, the reasonableness of the offer depends on how much a similar bag has sold for in the past. i would say it's more the exception than the rule that you can sell a bag for what you paid for it (even if it was only used once and has all the original paperwork). it would have to be a bag that is both popular and hard to find.
  7. You can always counter-offer with what you feel comfortable.
    When you set up a Best Offer option, you should expect most people would not pay your Buy It Now price, at least not right away. I think that an offer of $2295 plus shipping is a sincere offer, and that the buyer is serious about buiying your bag. Well, I think she is serious enough to go a little higher.
    Can you live with $$2495 as a counter-offer? If she does not take it, you can always wait until after Labor Day to sell it. This time, ask for a slightly higher BIN price, so you have room for bargaining.
  8. Hmmm. I did see one sell about a month ago for $3100-ish. I don't expect to get full price, but you know how hard it is to suck it up and think, "I wore this once and it cost me $800". I am worried that's it's python though. The SA did tell me it was the last one in this color & size when I bought it, but who knows if that was the truth.
    Thanks for the opinions ladies. I'm going to go pace around for a few more minutes.
  9. I would take it. even though its like new, I would not spend that kind of money on eBay. For me if its close to retail price, I would rather buy in store to have store experience.
  10. Okay, I took it and she paid in like 2 minutes.
    Thanks again. It's so nice to get the opinions of my fellow TPF'ers.
    I've said it a million times, but I just love it here!