eBay Country registration question!

1. Hi everybody,

I've got a quick question about eBay. I'm now living in Germany, but when I first started on eBay I was located in the US. My paypal account is linked to my US bank account, but I'm in the process of getting a German bank account.

The question that I have is: does it really matter what country I'm registered in? The only problem I could see with it is in the "Shipping" section, where it lists various shipping methods. My friend lives on base in Kitzingen, and she has offered to let me use her APO address (for sending out things) for as long as she is still here. I would of course use German shipping methods within the EU though. So...I was wondering, basically - does it matter what country I'm registered in? I'd like to be registered in Germany, but if a US buyer wants to buy from me - I'd also like them to know that it would be shipped via USPS, etc.

Also, if I'm not mistaken - the country that you're eBay account is registered with has to be the same as the country your Paypal account is registered, correct?

Thanks in advance!

2. :oh:

3. I think it does because people want to know where you're located so they know whether it will be local or international shipping. If it were international, some people dread the shipping time. The country is reflected on your auction, so if it is reflected wrongly, there may be issues.

4. ^^^that's why it would matter to me. i rarely shop online because i really enjoy that feeling of walking out of a store with my purchase. i avoid all auctions outside the US because i HATE waiting. i would feel really misled if i thought it was a US auction but it took 3 weeks to get there. plus what about customs and such? doesn't that add extra fees and time?