eBay Chat Thead... woohoo!!!

Although it should be automatic that your funds are released once tracking and delivery address are proven, PP makes you fight for yourself. It's unethical but they do it and get away with it.

But for other cases, sellers lose because of SNAD claims. It's ONLY "unauthorized use" chargebacks that are easy wins for sellers. SP doesn't help when a chargeback is for "not as described."

they get away with so many things, you're right:sad: once they limited my account basically for nothing and it took FOUR months to fix it. I sent them tones of receipts and other documents. called them, wrote them e-mails. they only bothered answering me once in 3 - 4 weeks just to ask for more documents, sometimes the same as I already uploaded. then they asked me for some more but they didn't give me any extra space for it, so uploading was technically impossible. it was a civil war that I won, but it was so stressful. so I don't count much on PP any more. hope they unhold my funds. one day. will call them tomorrow anyways. thank you for your support!!

I purchased a pair of sunglasses and they turned out to be fake. The seller has a 14 day return policy so I requested a refund and sent them back. Sunglass fakes can be hard to spot but I sold glasses for over 10 years and knew it as soon as I saw the box they came in the glasses themselves were fake but even the packaging was a giveaway. Anyway once I requested the refund the seller asked that I not leave them a negative. Once the return including the refund were done I was on the fence about leaving feedback. For whatever reason I almost believed they were sincerely sorry and didn't intend to sell a fake. She offered to refund me an additional $10 to cover the return shipping but I never responded to the email. Then today I'm thinking about the feedback and so I decide to go look at their feedback and notice that she has 3 other negatives for fakes. At that point I felt dumb that I didn't notice these before buying but I think I purchased from my eBay app and I just didn't see it...lesson learned only buying from my computer from now on so I can be sure I'm seeing all not just the most recent feedback. However, after I saw those 3 negatives I decided to leave a negative as well. So now I've received 3 more emails asking me revise the feedback and 2 offers for more money in addition to the refund. I of course don't intend to take the seller up on the offer but am astonished that she keeps trying to get me to revise the email.

I did respond to the 1st email but I've decided I really should just ignore this seller and won't respond anymore.

I purchased a pair of sunglasses and they turned out to be fake. The seller has a 14 day return policy so I requested a refund and sent them back. Sunglass fakes can be hard to spot but I sold glasses for over 10 years and knew it as soon as I saw the box they came in the glasses themselves were fake but even the packaging was a giveaway. Anyway once I requested the refund the seller asked that I not leave them a negative. Once the return including the refund were done I was on the fence about leaving feedback. For whatever reason I almost believed they were sincerely sorry and didn't intend to sell a fake. She offered to refund me an additional $10 to cover the return shipping but I never responded to the email. Then today I'm thinking about the feedback and so I decide to go look at their feedback and notice that she has 3 other negatives for fakes. At that point I felt dumb that I didn't notice these before buying but I think I purchased from my eBay app and I just didn't see it...lesson learned only buying from my computer from now on so I can be sure I'm seeing all not just the most recent feedback. However, after I saw those 3 negatives I decided to leave a negative as well. So now I've received 3 more emails asking me revise the feedback and 2 offers for more money in addition to the refund. I of course don't intend to take the seller up on the offer but am astonished that she keeps trying to get me to revise the email.

I did respond to the 1st email but I've decided I really should just ignore this seller and won't respond anymore.
I'm not sure you're asking for advice or just describing your experience but I'll comment.

LEAVE the feedback and report the seller for trying to extort a positive feedback!! Sellers can't bribe buyers to leave positive (or change what they've left)! Clearly this seller knew what she was peddling and wants to buy her way out.

Additionally, for a SNAD return, you should have received a prepaid shipping label or refund of your return shipping. You should have been made whole.

ETA: Here's the policy of which she's completely in violation. (It's not just buyers who use feedback extortion!)
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

The seller can't require a buyer to leave positive Feedback, specific detailed seller ratings, or revise existing Feedback in exchange for a number of things, including, but not limited to:
  • Receiving the purchased item
  • Issuing a full or partial refund
  • Monetary compensation
  • Additional items
  • Other goods and services not included in the original listing

Last edited:

I'm not sure you're asking for advice or just describing your experience but I'll comment.

LEAVE the feedback and report the seller for trying to extort a positive feedback!! Sellers can't bribe buyers to leave positive (or change what they've left)! Clearly this seller knew what she was peddling and wants to buy her way out.

Additionally, for a SNAD return, you should have received a prepaid shipping label or refund of your return shipping. You should have been made whole.

ETA: Here's the policy of which she's completely in violation. (It's not just buyers who use feedback extortion!)
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

The seller can't require a buyer to leave positive Feedback, specific detailed seller ratings, or revise existing Feedback in exchange for a number of things, including, but not limited to:
  • Receiving the purchased item
  • Issuing a full or partial refund
  • Monetary compensation
  • Additional items
  • Other goods and services not included in the original listing

Thanks! I wasn't aware that feedback extortion applied to this situation. I definitely did leave the negative feedback and I have no intention of revising. If anything her repeated attempts to get me to change it convinced me more that she is in the business of peddling fakes.

I will do as suggested and report the feedback extortion.

Also good to know about the label. I'm a long time seller not a frequent buyer so everything you shared was very good to know!

I'm on the fence about leaving negative feedback for the seller I purchased a fake handbag from a few weeks ago. I did send it back to him even though eBay said I was not obligated to. He also has a few Gucci items that may be fake too. He has 100% positive feedback so I'm sure someone may assume his items are all authentic.What would you do? Should I leave negative feedback, Yes or No?

Hey baglovers.
I would like to sell one LV twinset (maybe to get the Pochette Matis) and one Gucci bag. Both are almost brand new as I have not used them maybe just twice. But I do not have any experience in selling items on Ebay, I want to ask you if you could give me some advises on what is the best way to sell them??

Thank you in advance.

Hey baglovers.
I would like to sell one LV twinset (maybe to get the Pochette Matis) and one Gucci bag. Both are almost brand new as I have not used them maybe just twice. But I do not have any experience in selling items on Ebay, I want to ask you if you could give me some advises on what is the best way to sell them??

Thank you in advance.
Sell on Tradesy.

I'm on the fence about leaving negative feedback for the seller I purchased a fake handbag from a few weeks ago. I did send it back to him even though eBay said I was not obligated to. He also has a few Gucci items that may be fake too. He has 100% positive feedback so I'm sure someone may assume his items are all authentic.What would you do? Should I leave negative feedback, Yes or No?

I think you should leave the negative. They sold you a fake and they're selling other fakes. Other potential buyers should know they might end up with a fake.

Reactions: HandbagDiva354
I think you should leave the negative. They sold you a fake and they're selling other fakes. Other potential buyers should know they might end up with a fake.

Thanks for your advice. The seller did quickly approve my return and quickly refunded me so I'll probably leave neutral feedback just to warn others. I'm not sure if their other items are fakes but if he relists the handbag I'll leave negative. He has 59 positive feedback as a a seller but I fear they may be fakes too. Looking at his past sales who can resell BRAND NEW Gucci & Fendi handbags and wallets for $59- $129??? (My purchase was a MUCH larger amount) I only hesitate because last month I left negative feedback for another seller because she received my return (it was listed as new but it was scuffed & dirty) then immediately relisted it and a week later still wouldn't refund my money and ebay had to refund me. That was my first negative feedback to a seller in 8 years on EBay. I'm afraid that I may be blocked from bidding/purchasing some auctions if I leave too many negative seller feedback. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Stopping in to say thank you for all the advice on this sub-forum. I have a feeling that what I've learned here has just saved me from making an expensive mistake. I contacted a seller about an item I was interested in. We agreed a BIN price, whereupon seller told me they'd end the auction and send me an invoice. I politely refused, stating I wanted the item to be sold via eBay as this gives us both an extra layer of protection should anything go wrong. Seller then offered to deliver item to my home so I could be sure I was getting an authentic item. I refused and we agreed a BIN would be set up and paid this morning. And this morning I had a message to say another person had stepped in with a higher offer, would I please match this. At this point, red flags are going up everywhere. I've now told seller to let the other buyer have the item. So - thank you, ladies!! :flowers::flowers:

Thanks for your advice. The seller did quickly approve my return and quickly refunded me so I'll probably leave neutral feedback just to warn others. I'm not sure if their other items are fakes but if he relists the handbag I'll leave negative. He has 59 positive feedback as a a seller but I fear they may be fakes too. Looking at his past sales who can resell BRAND NEW Gucci & Fendi handbags and wallets for $59- $129??? (My purchase was a MUCH larger amount) I only hesitate because last month I left negative feedback for another seller because she received my return (it was listed as new but it was scuffed & dirty) then immediately relisted it and a week later still wouldn't refund my money and ebay had to refund me. That was my first negative feedback to a seller in 8 years on EBay. I'm afraid that I may be blocked from bidding/purchasing some auctions if I leave too many negative seller feedback. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

It's your choice but I think I'd still leave the negative. If you leave that neutral you won't be able to revise it but if you wait to leave the feedback other people might be unwittingly purchasing fake items. I understand that you don't want other sellers to think you only negatives but at the same time if you're buying fakes in such a close proximity maybe you're not doing enough due diligence before purchasing. Admittedly, I just bought a fake and when I look back at the transaction I see things I could have done better that might have resulted in me not buying and then having to return that fake item. I am just saying if they are a good seller then 1 negative is not going to destroy their feedback and they can respond to it. I don't think negs are something to just be thrown about but when it comes to selling fakes I just have zero patience.