eBay Chat Thead... woohoo!!!

I don't see why not, Teddies - presuming ebay will let you! As each offer / counter-offer is valid for a certain period (can't remember if it's 2 or 3 days) it's not logical that you would have to wait for one to expire before counter-offering on the other IYKWIM?
Of course someone could come along and buy at the asking price in the meantime, which would knock both offers into touch!

wulie said:
I don't see why not, Teddies - presuming ebay will let you! As each offer / counter-offer is valid for a certain period (can't remember if it's 2 or 3 days) it's not logical that you would have to wait for one to expire before counter-offering on the other IYKWIM?
Of course someone could come along and buy at the asking price in the meantime, which would knock both offers into touch!

Thanks Wulie. That was my thinking too. X

I have a question ladies...what can I do if I sold a pair of shoes to a buyer that gave me the "lost in the mail" excuse? They were not lost (I spoke with her mail carrier), but she claimed that someone took them from her apartment complex and the box was opened. She claimed that the lace was torn and it looks as if someone wore them. No worries since I was protected from seller protection and Paypal closed the case (in my favor of course). She has now listed the same item verbatim and stole my pictures on the 'bay. I am so annoyed!! :cursing: What can I do?

Hi Ladies. I'm selling my Chanel mini flap on ebay and I have recieved a few bids. I was looking through the feedback of the highest bidder and I notice she bought the exact same bag in April. Should this raise concern? I sent a message to the seller of the first bag but she hasn't replied and only has 1 feedback, from the current bidder of my bag. Suspicious? I'm just scared of been scammed after reading the horror stories people post on here. Is there anything I can do to protect myself from a SNAD or chargeback?

I have a question ladies...what can I do if I sold a pair of shoes to a buyer that gave me the "lost in the mail" excuse? They were not lost (I spoke with her mail carrier), but she claimed that someone took them from her apartment complex and the box was opened. She claimed that the lace was torn and it looks as if someone wore them. No worries since I was protected from seller protection and Paypal closed the case (in my favor of course). She has now listed the same item verbatim and stole my pictures on the 'bay. I am so annoyed!! :cursing: What can I do?
You can report the auction but if you got your money in the end, there's not much you can do now, I would think.

Call ebay and make the request. What do you have to lose?
FYI, I contacted Ebay/Paypal and explained my issues with returning. They understood but said this is their policy and her account has been flagged to see if they are relisted and if I see them I should report the auction or call them back.
So I got my refund but those shoes will end up back on Ebay and someone else that might not have this forum to check auth on them will be walking around in a fake pair of shoes. Ugh.

How frustrating! I had a feeling she was a bit of a fraud...
Update: I asked the buyer to stop using my words and pictures verbatim...she replied that I shouldn't worry about her listing (she's right...I should have the 'bay handle it :graucho:) and that the shoes were "messed up when they arrived" and that she fixed the color. If that's the case, why can't she use her own photos :confused1: I hope nobody purchases from her. Sorry for venting...

Last edited:
Hi Ladies. I'm selling my Chanel mini flap on ebay and I have recieved a few bids. I was looking through the feedback of the highest bidder and I notice she bought the exact same bag in April. Should this raise concern? I sent a message to the seller of the first bag but she hasn't replied and only has 1 feedback, from the current bidder of my bag. Suspicious? I'm just scared of been scammed after reading the horror stories people post on here. Is there anything I can do to protect myself from a SNAD or chargeback?

I would go with your gut feelings on this one. If you are worried that you might be scammed, perhaps you might want to end the listing and consider putting the present high bidder on your no bidder list as a precaution. Just something to think about, but usually trust your instincts. Hope this helps.

I would go with your gut feelings on this one. If you are worried that you might be scammed, perhaps you might want to end the listing and consider putting the present high bidder on your no bidder list as a precaution. Just something to think about, but usually trust your instincts. Hope this helps.

Thank you for replying! Yes i agree, always trust my instincts. For now the bidder has been outbid by someone who has recently sold an LV bag. They may bid again of course but I have a feeling this new bidder really wants the bag from their recently bought items.

I am going to put a security tag on to prevent switching (although would ebay/paypal take my word for it if the buyer does switch bags?) and I will send insured and signed for to prevent a INR case.

Is there anything further I can do to protect myself?

Thank you for replying! Yes i agree, always trust my instincts. For now the bidder has been outbid by someone who has recently sold an LV bag. They may bid again of course but I have a feeling this new bidder really wants the bag from their recently bought items.

I am going to put a security tag on to prevent switching (although would ebay/paypal take my word for it if the buyer does switch bags?) and I will send insured and signed for to prevent a INR case.

Use an "Invisible Ink Marking Pen w/ LED UV Light, Sharpie Type Marker & Flashlight" and mark in an inconspicuous part inside the bag.

Use an "Invisible Ink Marking Pen w/ LED UV Light, Sharpie Type Marker & Flashlight" and mark in an inconspicuous part inside the bag.

Nermski, if you choose to go this route, I'd suggest you let your buyers know that there is an invisible pen mark in an inconspicuous part of the bag. Photograph it. Although chances are it may lower the value of the bag.

State in your listing if tyvek/security tag is tampered with or removed in any way, you will not accept a return. (Also include your return policy, shipping and handling for both domestic and international, etc.) Include photos of everything.

I would place a tyvek/security tag to a secure area such as the lock or strap, and on the tyvek/security tag, draw/write something that can't be easily replicated. Photograph that for your own record.

Before you pack your bag for shipment, wait for payment. I hear stories of so many new sellers shipping out things that haven't been paid for because they were pressured by their scamming buyers to hurry up and ship. Make sure PP tells you that you are "OK to ship". PP will also tell you what type of protection you have for: 1) items not received and 2) unauthorized transaction/payment.

This is clearly optional but with the stories about Chanel bags going missing, it's better to do it and have evidence than none at all. Have someone videotape you during the whole process of writing on the tyvek/security tag, putting it on the bag, putting the bag in the box, wrapping the box up, securing the package with tamper evident tape/security tape, driving to your local PO and handing the package over to a PO worker. Time stamp and all. Keep all your receipts.

Don't forget to fully insure and use signature confirmation. Make sure you use a trackable delivery method. HTH!

Nermski, if you choose to go this route, I'd suggest you let your buyers know that there is an invisible pen mark in an inconspicuous part of the bag. Photograph it. Although chances are it may lower the value of the bag.

State in your listing if tyvek/security tag is tampered with or removed in any way, you will not accept a return. (Also include your return policy, shipping and handling for both domestic and international, etc.) Include photos of everything.

I would place a tyvek/security tag to a secure area such as the lock or strap, and on the tyvek/security tag, draw/write something that can't be easily replicated. Photograph that for your own record.

Before you pack your bag for shipment, wait for payment. I hear stories of so many new sellers shipping out things that haven't been paid for because they were pressured by their scamming buyers to hurry up and ship. Make sure PP tells you that you are "OK to ship". PP will also tell you what type of protection you have for: 1) items not received and 2) unauthorized transaction/payment.

This is clearly optional but with the stories about Chanel bags going missing, it's better to do it and have evidence than none at all. Have someone videotape you during the whole process of writing on the tyvek/security tag, putting it on the bag, putting the bag in the box, wrapping the box up, securing the package with tamper evident tape/security tape, driving to your local PO and handing the package over to a PO worker. Time stamp and all. Keep all your receipts.

Don't forget to fully insure and use signature confirmation. Make sure you use a trackable delivery method. HTH!

Thanks so much for your reply. You too Cwarren.

I don't think I'd mark the bag as i wouldnt want to risk causing any damage but I have a Tyvek ready to attach and will sign it in my handwriting. I have the tamper proof tape too.
I'm going to think positively and put my faith in people as not everybody is dishonest but will also take the necessary steps to protect myself against a loss.

Thanks ladies :smile:

Thanks so much for your reply. You too Cwarren.

I don't think I'd mark the bag as i wouldnt want to risk causing any damage but I have a Tyvek ready to attach and will sign it in my handwriting. I have the tamper proof tape too.
I'm going to think positively and put my faith in people as not everybody is dishonest but will also take the necessary steps to protect myself against a loss.

Thanks ladies :smile:

Best of luck!