Ebano Intrecciato Tote w/ Leaf design--your opinions?

1. I recently bought this large tote in Ebano. It's a little larger than I expected (bought sight unseen from a well-known website ;)) since I was looking for more of a city bag. Turns out this is better suited for work or travel. Nevertheless, it's gorgeous. I admit that I don't like how the iconic Veneta, Sloane, and similar styles look on me; I prefer a little more structure. This one is definitely structured yet it still has the signature Intrecciato that I want in a BV bag. With structure, however, comes weight and this is pretty heavy! I love how the back looks exactly like the front. As you can see, the hardware is exquisite. The bag features a magnetic snap closure, adjustable gussets, cellphone pocket, small zippered interior pocket, and something you don't see often with BV bags--feet!

I'd love your opinons because I'm on the fence about this and another bag (different brand). Thanks! :smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I think its beautiful, actually all of Bottega veneta's handbags are nice, they are very classy and elegant

3. That is an exquisite handbag. It's timeless as well. If you're on the fence about a different bag, consider which one you'd use more.

4. I love it.

5. Honestly, it's not my favorite BV style; the simpler ones appeal to me. The details are beautiful however, and if you want a more formal bag, this would fit the bill unless it's simply larger/heavier than you like.

6. i like it. but i have to agree with boxermom. it's not my favorite piece. I do think the bag will look nice as a formal bag; however, it looks too edgy as a casual bag. It depends on what you are going to use it for and the style of your wardrobe.

7. Lucy, if you're still on the fence, and it is too heavy I might consider returning it. The color and hardware are gorgeous. I do like the shape, and the leaf patterns along with the intrecciato pattern make it look unique. Tough decision here!

8. Wow, that is a gorgeous bag and you're right the hardware is amazing. I think you have to ask yourself whether you're more casual or formal. I do think these more formal styles are a little more grown up than the slouchier ones -- though the height of elegance, they aren't quite as youthful to me. Heaviness is also a real consideration in a city bag -- especially when you're out and about all day!

9. Sorsara, chicbabacool, jane, boxermom, catabie, Eugin, valkyrie360, thank you very much for your thoughts. BV can be so addictive that it helps to get other people's opinions and perspective on "iffy" items, such as this one. Thanks again!

10. I rarely find a BV I don't like so of course I love it. When you say it's closer to a travel bag though, I pause. I have an absolutely wonderful other-named bag that is so large/heavy I only use it maybe once a year - but I swear I won't part with it because I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it and I'm already invested. If I had it to do over though, I would spend less on a travel bag and put my money towards everyday bags. If this isn't too large for work though - it may still be a keeper.

11. 24, kronik and I were eyeing this bag at the beginning of the season, and if he hadn't tracked down that magnolia campana, we would have gotten this one instead. I know she's a heavy one (although she's really light compared to the Loro Piana large globe bag I carry pretty regularly) I think she's a beautiful bag.

I vote to keep it!:okay:

12. It's very beautiful - classic, elegant and timeless. Having said that though, it is quite heavy. Totes that come with such weight empty are hard sells for me. But depending on how you will use it, it may be something you can overlook. Good luck!

13. I like this bag but don't get excited about it like I do with other BV bags. The details are exquisite and it seems very practical, but just doesn't wow me. Maybe in a different color?

14. 24, Faubourg -- BV "addictive" ??? (*embarrassed throat clearing sound*)... Why...(in a tone of mustered up innocence) I don't know what ever you mean...:rolleyes:

Today my husband saw my Neiman Marcus Bill for the truly amazing deal I lucked into (thanks to fellow TPFers) on my new large Veneta. Even though it was about 40% off, his jaw hit the floor :wtf: and he was unable to appreciate the fabulousness of the deal. Where's Kronik when you need him??? :sweatdrop:

Anyway, I'm beginning to fully understand BV addiction...:drool:

15. Yes, we all need clones of Kronik to appreciate our fabulous finds and deals! My husband can't seem to see the genius behind all my "but it was on sale for a great deal" purchases. Addiction does not even begin to describe this!