eats, shoots and leaves

1. i'm kind of late on the bandwagon, but picked up a copy of "eats, shoots and leaves" and felt like i had met a kindred spirit in the author:p. for people who don't know, "eats, shoots and leaves" is basically a rant on improper punctuation, which i LOVE because i've got it in for improperly placed apostrophes. my boyfriend can't tell the difference between there's and theirs and writes your's for yours, and it drives me INSANE.... (but i still love him, i guess i will have to live with being insane). anyone else here a stickler for punctuation/spelling?
  2. Love that book!!:tup:
  3. I am a total sticker for correct spelling & punctuation, so few of the younger generation have been taught that as so many teachers cannot even spell now, my daughter had to correct her English teacher, makes me so mad!
  4. I'm an English teacher and some of the things I see on a daily basis make me cringe. My pet peeve is when the grammar or spelling on signs is incorrect!
  5. I thought the book was about Koala's

Kidding on the koalas and the apostrophe.
    Your and You're and there, their and they're misuse annoys the hell out of me.
  6. love that's excellent. my english teacher could take a few hints from it. "Weekly assignments must be handed in on Tuesday's"
  7. I love this book! :heart:
  8. I'm gonna have to pick this one up!
  9. I LOVE that book! Errors between your and you're and even to, two and too are far too common, and even signs in grocery stores stating, "Less than 10 items" are incorrect. Poor grammar, incorrect usage and incorrect spelling are everywhere!
  10. hahaa, I am totally going to check this out! I love the English language. and not the crazy things people do with it!!
  11. I seriously thought this book was about men!!! :wtf: (no offense meant Charles!)

I am a bit annoyed when I see punctuation and spelling errors as well. Their/they're too/to you're/your and others I chose to forget! :sweatdrop:
  12. I love this book! :tup:

Particularly the bit where she writes that people who think its (possessive) should have an apostrophe should be buried in a shallow grave :roflmfao:
  13. These errors don't usually bother me unless the person who commits them makes pretensions at being smarter than everyone else. In which case, they're usually funnier than they are annoying.
  14. And I thought it might have been about pandas.
  15. Yes...Pandas... duh. Koalas eat eucalyptus.