Eating Raw

1. Hey all,
    anybody else here into eating raw? I've recently taken the plunge and would love to share recipes and such with anyone...
    i've noticed improvement straight away and cant wait till i'm 100 % raw.. (i'm now currently about 80 %)

2. I do it sometimes. I have a good raw cookbook that I look to for recipes. I don't think I could do it 80% or more... I love eating out too much LOL

The Complete Raw Food Cookbook is a good resource :biggrin:
  3. oh thanks! i dont have that one.
  4. Except for sushi from a restaurant I don't eat raw meats.
  5. I would love to see some recipes...wanna share some? Is eating raw a lot healthier for you? What are the benefits?
  6. Raw Meats?! Di-sgust-ing!
  7. ^^ LOL I don't know about the raw foodists who are meat eaters. I've been a vegetarian for 12 years so I don't fit in there LOL
  8. I didn't know raw foods meant meat? It doesn't, does it? I thought it was just garden foods cooked to a certain I wrong?
  9. Do you want to post some recipes? Curious to try one.
  10. I'm piggybacking on this older thread.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Raw Food "cook"book (this is a bit of an oxymoron but I'm sure you know what I mean). I'd like to find a nice illustrated book on how to juice and blend raw veggies and fruits.

The past year I've been cooking vegetables for my multi-allergic child and noticed so much improvement in his stamina and overall health. He had been allergic to everything that we took for granted so he wasn't eating much of anything at all. Now he's so strong!

I really want to bump it up without having to cook and destroy any nutrients and enzymes in his intake. I also want to start a diet for the rest of my family including a weightloss on raw food for myself.

I'm looking at the Raw Foods books by Melngailis.... thanks!!
  11. While I was at Borders one day I came across a book on raw food diet and bought it. After going half through it I stopped. I mean I understand the principles of eating raw food but come on, it is to hard in our society! My husband was laughing at me when I was telling him about it because he was pointing out to me that I could not stop eating some foods etc... For the most part, I eat very healthy but he was right... Food make us happy and even if I like vegetables and fruits I still cannot stop eating my favorite foods!! I cannot imagine going to the grocery store and be like "I love this, but I can't" over and over, for the rest of my life...
  12. yeah, I understand what you mean. I think this is just a supplement I'm thinking of doing, not changing drastically tho. I'm just going to supplement it with our usual stuff, like the usual chicken, rice and vegetable in the evenings and "try" to cut down on baked/fried things.

The worse offender is probably my chocolate intake and substitute perhaps with carob powder, etc. I have had stuff like macro-vegetarian sushi from the health food store which both my dh and I loved and I definitely had a "feel good" period following right after eating!
  13. Chocolate is sooooo good :p! Yeah I think that cutting down on fried things will be great and you will feel like eating super healthy already! Sometimes just a few change on our diet can make a big difference!
  14. I forgot to mention the type of blender drink from vegetables and fruits (i.e. Montel Williams's Health Master blender which utilizes both skin and pith) is also of interest but I don't want to spend that much money. I pulverized some frozen carrots and broccoli in my vintage Oster blender this morning with some water and we all had a little bit of it. Not bad and everyone was surprised it tasted good LOL

15. Yes, I could eat chocolate all day long. :biggrin:

Yes, a few changes is good idea... for now, I'm interested for my allergic son who has some other developmental issues but I'd love to be able just to make the same meal for everyone instead of doing 2, or even 3 different meals (drives me nuts multitasking and making sure nothing gets contaminated). I think eating some of those "super foods" would help boost brain power as well.

Thanks for the support!