Eating Baby Food - New Hollywood diet

1. I just read this on Marie Claire:
    [​IMG]
    A-LIST STARS are going mushy over the latest diet craze to hit Hollywood - eating jars of baby food.

Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon and Marcia Cross are among the celebrities who are spoon-feeding themselves with toddler tucker.

The idea of substituting one, and sometimes two, regular meals a day for the tiny fruit and vegetable meals originated from New York fashion guru Hedi Slimane.

The 39-year-old French-born designer, who has just left Dior to launch his own line, is said to have first coined the phrase 'baby eating' by sticking to baby food for days on end to maintain his slimline figure.

A-listers are snapping up the vitamin and mineral-rich snacks from organic 'designer' labels such as Earth's Best, which are now being sold in the healthfood sections of high-brow supermarkets.

Jennifer Aniston believes the 'purer, nutrient-packed, gluten-free' pots help to maintain her trim figure; Reese Witherspoon told a US TV show she's careful not to crash diet on infant food and makes sure to have one adult meal a day; while Marcia Cross ditched junk food snacks for baby food to keep hunger pangs at bay.

'There's nothing wrong with anyone eating baby food,' LA-based nutritionist Dr Marty Edwards tells the Sunday Express. 'It's nutritious and delicious as a snack.

'But adults require a minimum daily calorific intake, so it would be absolute folly to dine only on these little jars. Substituting them for chips, crisps or burgers as a healthy snack alternative does, however, make a lot of sense.'

2. IMHO, Ewwwwww!

3. Niceee.
    Surely it cant be to good for you?

4. well.. if its just for a substitute for either wolfing down junk food or snacking on chips.. i think it makes perfect sense :smile: as stated in the article..

5. If you only replace snacks, I see that making sense, but any other way is just missing tons of important nutrients and vitamins and calories. Hence it is to feed babies... about 1/10 our size :shrugs:

6. Not to mention if anyone has smelled the contents of the babyfood jar. Ewww. I can't think of too much that smells worse. And these people are voluntarily eating it?

7. Oh Boy. Mush. No thanks, I'll pass.
    I can't even look or smell baby food, it makes my stomach a little sick.

8. Not new at all actually. The Barbi twins started this fad back in the late 90's.

9. I like the dessert foods...but I'm not sure that I'd carry them around to eat as snacks. A granola bar does the trick for me...

10. My mom has been eating the Gerbers Guava baby food as long as I can remember. It's her favorite dessert. Me? I prefer grownup brownies.

11. I like banana and plum baby food. I used to eat it every now and then years ago. Only as a snack and not as a meal replacement. The plum baby food is actually really good, but I will stick to eating real plums now. So much better and probably less calories.

12. Yuck, eating mush is not on my list of things to do. I will stick with real food.

13. Don't know how true this is, but I head that a few years ago (during the making of one of the Batman films) when Alicia Silverstone got really "chubby," it was because she was binge-ing (how do you spell that?) on baby food. Apparently it has a lot of fat?

Looks kinda yucky to me...

I've also heard that processed baby food is part of the reason kids today have lots of allergies--they're ingesting substances they should not or are too young for.

14. I love baby food, LOL, used to steal some as snack from my younger sis and bro.

I bought Earth's Best for my son. :yes: ^^^^Earth's Best uses organic veggies and is not overprocessed.

15. :throwup:. At my friend's baby shower last weekend we did that game where you smell (or taste!) unmarked jars of baby food and guess what they are. Gawd that stuff reeks!