easy chicken pasta recipes?

1. Does anyone have any delicious, simple, easy chicken and pasta recipes?

I love chicken and I love pasta, but I hate cooking haha!!
  2. Sina,

One of my favorites is chicken cacciatore--basically, you cook the chicken in your favorite pasta sauce, until the chicken meat starts to separate from the bones. My mom usually serves it like spaghetti, over angel hair or thin spaghetti pasta.

Also, you can easily grill a chicken breast and add it to pasta with alfredo sauce. They even sell the alfredo sauce in the market in containers, so all you have to do is boil the pasta, heat the sauce, and grill your chicken breast.
  3. Is that good? We have alfredo sauce and we have pasta. Should I add vegetables?? I'm so clueless when it comes to cooking anything other than Asian food. :sad:
  4. SOOOO good! I usually put brocolli and chicken and maybe some Shrimp in it!
  5. Okay I'm going to try the alfredo tomorrow with vegetables. Today I made really good pasta!! So easy and so good!

• 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    • 1/4 cup butter
    • 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
    • 1/2 cup white wine
    • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
    • 4 ounces cream cheese with chives
    • 1 pound angel hair pasta
    1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
    2. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the package of dressing mix. Blend in wine and golden mushroom soup. Mix in cream cheese, and stir until smooth. Heat through, but do not boil. Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour sauce over.
    3. Bake for 60 minutes in the preheated oven. Twenty minutes before the chicken is done, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.
    The only change I made was to use condensed cream of mushroom and I couldn't find the Italian style salad dressing mix so I used an herb one. I also didn't use white wine (no wine here) so I used half water and half milk. Another change was I doubled the condensed cream of mushroom, water/milk, cream cheese, and butter for extra sauce. It was sooo good and so easy!

Next time I'm going to add mushrooms and sundried tomatoes.

6. Sina, I think that you will like the chicken alfredo with pasta--Val's right, broccoli is really good in there as well!!:smile:
  7. You can get cooked and diced chicken in the frozen foods department.

I thaw enough chicken for dinner.

Then I boil pasta and heat sauce + chicken in the microwave.

Others have posted sauces you can easily buy including alfredo and spaghetti. I also like sauces sold in jars like pesto sauce, olive tapenade, and artichoke with parmesan.

I have a small jar of olive oil in which I add fresh rosemary. I shake it up once a week or so. A few tablespoons of that makes a great sauce for a pasta-chicken-broccoli dish.

I like pine nuts as a pasta garnish.

I'm getting hungry just typing!

You can buy frozen broccoli flowerettes, too. I thaw and toss with sauce before heating.