east/west flap - adjustable chain question

1. Hi everyone! I just purchased my first Chanel last week. It's a east/west flap in black caviar with the classic chain, and I absolutely loveeeeeee it! :love: I've been trying to figure out how to adjust the chain to the shorter length, but I still have no clue how to! :sad:

I ran a search and came up with this thread (http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/cest-moi-modeling-my-east-west-105688-4.html), but the pics on post #47 are no longer showing up. Can someone please demonstrate how I can shorten the chain?

Thanks so much in advance!!!

2. Some of the e/w may not have the S clasp that opens up.

Basically on one side of the flap, there is what look like a "figure 8" clasp. You can lift up the bar in the middle and then the chain will slide out and you adjust the chain accordingly.

Let me know if you need help and I'll take some pics

3. Thanks so much for your reply, mello_yello_jen. I just tried it and it works!!!!:yahoo:

I thought it had something to do with the clasp, but I didn't know the middle bar lifts up! I was thinking I had to somehow squeen the chain links in between the small gap! :huh:

I am loving this bag more and more. Thanks again, I greatly appreciate it!!!!!

4. ^ no problem ce2x! i'm so glad i was able to of help =)

and yes, the adjustable chain is definitely one of my fave feature of the e/w!