early insp.4 paris-bombay,talk about batwings!

1. There has been a lot of talk about batwings on the board so today when i was looking through a vintage Hermes catalog of mine from 1965, this Drag bag popped out at me. I've never seen this model drag before, i dont think it was in production long, however i think it may have been the inspiration for the paris-bombay..what do you think? I would like to find this Drag bag...I think the Drag is one of the most underrated Hermes bags :shrugs:

drag.jpg
  2. I have seen that one before!!! Can't think where.....

3. hi its there in luxury-shops website

4. Now that's what I call natural serious batwings!

Not bad though... very 60's, and very ladylike in a conservative and totally un-girly way...

I actually like very much the paris bombay, and I like this one too somehow, even if I'm not sure at all about the flap and the closure. There might be something too serious about it.

I once saw an aged lady in H FSH, jewelry dept, with a vintage bi color lizard bag (that mostly was H) a style that I had never seen before and was just TDF. Ah! What a feeling!

5. no, the ones we have are the classic drags with no "wings". Also the front flap is different.

6. Gosh, I've never seen one like that. It is definitely interesting!

7. After having a second look at it I think it could be very interesting in a large size so that it could be worn as a shoulder bag. (maybe with just an inch or two longer straps. Not too much, just an inch to make it more confortable). What do you think?

8. Whoa! Thanks for sharing!!

9. so are wings the after effects of carrying ???

10. no, it is definitely constructed this way. I would love to see what it looks like from the side.....

11. wow would love to see this one

12. It's no longer available since 2004 ... but they seem to have various versions of 'DRAG' bag(s) ... on the 'Monsieur et Madame' scarf is a 'Drag' hand luggage which is still highly coveted by many, the original saddle bag ... it's the bag on the Monsieur.

13. Now THAT would be a darling small handbag, IMO. Thanks, PETE for posting it!!!! I'd like to get my hands on that 1965 catalogue of yours!!!!! Serious drooling over here for a glimpse of THAT too!!!!!

14. you have to finally come visit us..then you can look throught our Hermes catalogs starting from the 1930s at your own leisure :welcome:

15. Well, we'll be rolling into town in October! You two better be there!!!!