E-Ring Purchase - I need your help, I'm confused!

She has chosen a gorgeous setting! Best wishes on your engagement!

I've read good things about WhiteFlash, but my DH and I both need to see the jewelry first-hand before buying. It's only our personal preference. Everybody's different and I think it depends on your comfort level whether or not you shop on-line or in a store.

Besides cars and groceries, I think the only other thing we don't buy on-line is jewelery. But for us, half the fun is the shopping experience.

Again, best wishes on your engagement!

I noticed when i walked in a tiffany store all the diamonds blind me.. do they use special lighting? When i asked about a ring it was a I VS2 not the top yet it was still blinding me.

sorry i never seen a HOA/HOF ring but i am guessing they blind as well.

Most jewelers do use special lighting for that. But the color and clarity aren't what makes it blinding. It's the cut. If they are well cut, even I1 won't impact the sparkle.

I had my WF ACA diamond set in a HOF semimount and purchased a HOF wedding band. The sparkle in the jewelry store lights was blinding! In order to see what the rings really looked like, the owner had me take them out of the special lighting. A well cut I VS2--from Tiff's or elsewhere--should be a stunner. If it's not well cut...not so much.

the haters either just don't know, or just truly don't prefer them.
I'm definitely not a hater, but I don't care about having hearts & arrows in my stone, I'm equally happy w/ a much larger staone w/ an excellent cut.

For example, here is a photo of my excellent cut round brillliant. It's a 3.67 and if I had gone w/ a H&A stone it was going to be $4k more and almost a full carat less.

H&A stones are amazing, but there's also plenty of amazing stones that just missed the mark of being certified H&A.
YOU have to decide if that's where you want to put a lot of your budget or not.

1st photo is at night, that's why there's so much noise, but in my excellent cut, you can almost see arrows most of the time. I think my stone just missed the mark for an H&A.

Your ring looks gorgeous!! Do you mind telling me the color and clarity. I am searching for a diamond and keep contemplating whether I should do VS1 F or VS2 E. TIA!

Your ring looks gorgeous!! Do you mind telling me the color and clarity. I am searching for a diamond and keep contemplating whether I should do VS1 F or VS2 E. TIA!

Hi, thanks!! Mine is an I color VS2. I'd go as low as I color SI1 to be honest :biggrin:

Holy Old Thread!
I will say one good thing about it though, I finally got to see swanky's old ring! Is that the same one that's in the Leon now?

The Leon is new, the 6 prong solitaire is what she had prior to the Leon.

:yes: originally it was supposed to be a temporary setting. . . it took me for.ever! lol!

I color stones w/ excellent/ideal cuts don't show color, people hear "I" and assume it'll be a yellow stone but it's not the case w/ a quality stone!

I color stones w/ excellent/ideal cuts don't show color, people hear "I" and assume it'll be a yellow stone but it's not the case w/ a quality stone!

Swanky is so right. People tend to underestimate the importance of the quality of the cut. I got lucky with mine, and was able to have great color and cut, but if I'd had to choose one over the other, it would have been cut.

Well alot of different brands have their own special cut. It's for the most part a gimick and just a nonsense marketing scheme. The hearts and arrows cut is actually ligit and are very beautiful. I have them in my wedding band. I wouldn't spend all of the extra $ for a hearts & arrows solitaire simply because of the enormous price difference and because any well cut stone will flash color & that's all a hearts & arrows or well cut does to enhance a diamond. Diamonds are outrageously overpriced to begin with so they are not worth any gimicks to incur even more costs. Good luck! Oh yeah, I know all of this because my FI is GIA diamond certified.