E Bay scam ~ account suspended ~ be careful

1. Please be careful, there is an email being sent out which looks as though eBay has sent it. This happened to my OH's daughter yesterday.

Please DONT click any links, if you receive the email, please forward it to spoof@eBay.

Stay safe.

This looks real but I would be very cautious about what you do after receiving the following message from eBay!!!
    I received this email this afternoon. The only problem is that I have never been or applied for an account with EBay!..Dr. T(Dick)

[​IMG][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]eBay sent this message to eBay customer

[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Your registered name is included to help confirm this message originated from eBay. Learn more. [/FONT]
    [​IMG][FONT=Arial, Verdana]FPA NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Breach of User Agreement.[/FONT]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Dear eBay customer

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended due to concerns we have for the safety and integrity of the eBay community.

As we state in the User Agreement, Section 8, we may immediately issue a warning, suspend, or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if you have breached the User Agreement or if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

Due to the suspension of this account, please note that you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. To remove this limitation please click the following activation button.

Activate Your eBay Account

Please note that this suspension does not relieve you of your obligation to pay any fees you may currently owe to eBay.

eBay Trust and Safety

2. Yes, these spoof emails have been going around for many months.. the scammers are very tricky~ You'll get them from "Paypal" too..
  3. I get these about 3-4 times a week plus others from fake paypal. ALWAYS forward them to spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com and don't ever reply or click on ANYTHING in the email. those jerks! I hate that ebay has become like this!
  4. Also make sure to check your ebay account to see if it was sent to you.