1. I got a little overexcited and careless and landed myself a fake scarf! A Soiree de Gala in violet with the red border. It arrived today and when I saw the box I already knew that something was wrong and this feeling got confirmed when I saw the care tag! Otherwise I don't know if I would have noticed. Yes, the hems looked a little different but not disturbingly so. The stitching was very small - perhaps too small?
    I then checked the database and found more differences, most notably in some colours that were missing/being replaced in the design.
    I've started a PayPal dispute, so I should be OK and the amount wasn't freakishly high (glimmer of hope syndrome here ;)) but I don't want to own a fake.

I don't know why this happened to me and why I was so careless. The seller was from Ireland so maybe I thought that all Irish people are nice and honest... which I still do, with the exception of this particular seller!

It just brings home the point to ALWAYS ASK TO SEE A PIC OF THE CARETAG (if possible). It's not enough if the seller tells you what's written on it, ask to SEE a pic.
  2. Yuck!

I'm so sorry, hello. I've heard there are some superb GF fakes out there, too.

I'm glad you've started a Paypal dispute. I've never had any trouble getting my money back with a SNAD.
  3. ^I hate to admit it, but it's a superb fake. If I hadn't studied scarves so deeply, I wouldn't have known.
  4. Oh Hello, I'm so sorry. You saw me taken in by that chevre I posted on eBay finds thread. Thanks for the correction. Market in Ireland for Hermes is so small, I'm surprised you got a dud. Most Irish people I have met are lovely, and honest, as you say.
  5. This just proves the point that the fakers are getting better and better.
  6. So sorry to hear this. I hope that you are able to resolve this through paypal and get your money back.:heart:
  7. Good reminder to us all Hello. Hope you get every penny back!
  8. wow, i forget this can happen too. thanks for posting, sorry it happened to you!
  9. Sorry that this has happened, C. Hope you get your money back. And that this seller gets named in the sellers to avoid list.
  10. How awful!!Total bummer!I almost purchased a paddock scarf. I was winning the auction,and at the last minute someone bid it up till it was just a dollar higher than my highest bid.but then within a few minutes the seller offered it to me through a second chance.I know you are supposed to wait a certain amount of time before you can offer a second chance offer.So I went through the sellars feedback and could tell he had sold the same scarf to several different people,Thats when I realized they were FAKE!He was obviously running the auctions up then giving second chances to sell them!:cursing:
  11. After all the help you have given me I am so sorry that this has happened to you. Hope you get it sorted out.
  12. hope you can get it straightened out....it's so wrong for someone to sell fakes.....sorry:s
  13. ooh, so sorry to hear that!!

I hope your dispute is resolved successfully. Thank you for sharing this cautionary tale, hello!!
  14. Sometimes we get so excited about something and just think it is so pretty that the warning signs escape us. Don't beat yourself up about it. If you can't get a refund, it will make a nice Christmas gift for someone.
  15. It's all sorted, I am getting a refund. Am sending the scarf back today.