Dust bags

1. Hi everyone!

I have just received a gorgeous 37cm Bolide in black Gulliver (aka Swift) leather. The owner said was 25 years old (although I would dispute that as the blindstamp is V in a circle which should mean it was produced in 1992.) Anyway, it came in a brownish colored dustbag which is all together a different feel and thinner than the brownish velvet or orange cotton ones that I am used to. Also, the drawstring on this dustbag was more silken like and thinner than the cotton of the brownish velvet and orange cotton ones. I presume it is a vintage dustbag but can anyone confirm this? Does anyone have any idea what year each different dustbag came into use?

Thank you!

2. Don't know the exact years that the bags changed, but I do have a bag from 1994 with the same dustbag as yours and an even older H. bag that also has the same type of dustbag. The next one was the beige velvety fabric which I actually like better than the current orange bags.

3. I'd love to get my hands on a vintage hermes sleeper for my old Croc.....I keep looking on eBay for the right size......some day......

4. I love the beige velvety fabric...the current orange bags seem cheap to me.

5. Yep, agreed LH.....I'd love one of those old beige sleepers....I think my 50-year old Croc would love one too.......

6. Shopmom, there's a beige sleeper for a Kelly for sale on eBay right now. If you want I can look it up for you.

7. I'm all over it, Hello! Saw it just this morning too......thank you!!!!

8. Hi,
    Yes, I have one of those older dustbags that you mention. I too prefer the brown velvety ones that followed those...and am not particularly fond of the current orange ones.

9. Thank you to everyone for your responses! I agree, I like the velvety ones best too. They seem more luxurious and better for protecting our precious babies!!

10. When did they change the dustbags? From thin to Velvety brown to current orange?

11. Around 2001 they started to phase out the beige velvet sleepers.