Durability of Coach Suede Rogue?

Galaxygrrl

O.G.
Nov 13, 2010
Hi all!

I'm a bit in love with the blue suede Rogue. But, I'm also a bit nervous about suede. It's just not a durable as leather.

Just looking for insights from people who have bought a suede rogue. How is it holding up?

Thanks

Reactions: pianolize
I had the grey Rogue...sat in my closet & I personally was very hesitant to carry it. We've has more rainy days than usual though. I had good intentions when I bought it but eventually returned it for the new prussian blue/black one which was love at first sight. That said, I'm sure there are others who will chime in with their experiences. Good luck deciding!

Reactions: eleanors36
I had the grey Rogue...sat in my closet & I personally was very hesitant to carry it. We've has more rainy days than usual though. I had good intentions when I bought it but eventually returned it for the new prussian blue/black one which was love at first sight. That said, I'm sure there are others who will chime in with their experiences. Good luck deciding!

That bag is beautiful!!!!!

Hi all!

I'm a bit in love with the blue suede Rogue. But, I'm also a bit nervous about suede. It's just not a durable as leather.

Just looking for insights from people who have bought a suede rogue. How is it holding up?

Thanks
Hi, I don't have a suede Rogue but I have owned many suede bags, shoes, and jackets. I also had a beautiful double breasted brown suede coat that I wore through four years of college and afterwards. All of these items held up just fine and I live in New England!! Personally, I don't understand the Suede Phobia that is on this forum. If you love the blue suede Rogue, then go for it! Just brush the nap once in a while and enjoy it! :smile:

I have the blue suede Rogue 36. It is holding up very well.
I have carried it everyday for about a month and it still looks great.
I am pretty careful with my bags but I did manage to get it rained on once but it dried up and was as good as new.

Reactions: eleanors36
Yay! I won it on eBay. Looks in great shape!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Blue-Denim-Suede-Large-Rogue-Bag-/252649851732

I just could not bring myself to pay $1000 plus $90 tax. This is basically, 50% off.

I loooove auction snipe tools. - I use this free one - https://justsnipe.com/

And I feel for the seller, but you know, I just lost a fair bit of money on expensive stereo equipment that I sold at a big lose, so I figure you win some and lose some.

I'm going to need to sell some bags to pay for this one. My sister inlaw said, if you have not used it in two years, sell it. Taking her advice with the exception of some Carolines I love.

So excited!

Well, I got the bag yesterday. I'm pretty sure the person who sold it on eBay used it more than twice. There were a bunch of scuff marks and a little raised dirt dry mark on the inside leather along with some dirt. At first, it was like, I'm so returning this.

But then, i came home, took out my suede brush and eraser as well as my leather cleaner and moisturizer. It cleaned up as good as new. It looks brand new.

I did spray the heck out of it will Nordstrom's suede protector. The suede part dried pretty quickly, but the spray went all the way through the leather and the inside of the bag is drying slowly. It's been about 20 hours and there are still a few dark patches. They will go away, it just needs time to dry.

The bag is lovely, but I do think it will need a bit of brushing to keep it looking great. And I'm not sure how it will look a long time from now after a lot of use. Time will tell.

Reactions: IngaBritt