Durability: How do bbags wear/last/age, do they scuff/scratch/spot easily?

mint means no wear. scuffing happens after like 20 wears, or if someone is rough on their bag, dragging it or placing it on rough surfaces or plopping it on the ground. I baby my bags like crazy, they get their own chair when I go out to dinner, or at the very least, they get hung on the back of my chair.

I have a black city from 05 and I have beaten the crap out of it I swear. I used it all last semester for school, stuffed it with books, threw it wherever - no scuffs or anything of the like - just nice, soft, smushy leather. I also took it on vacation in June, and am flying with it to Chicago in 2 weeks for business. It's just SUCH a durable bag - I've never had a bag that's taken so much abuse in only one year, and looked this good!

EDITTED because I just read your post (I was responding to the title, lol) - in my experience my balenciaga is WAY more durable than any of the LV's I've owned. My balenciaga has NO scuffs. I had my MC trouville only 2 months when I noticed the multicolored monograms on the bottom had faded terribly! I find canvas is also much more prone to cracking/peeling when in the heat as opposed to leather. My cabas piano, which is only a year old, is trashed to hell because every time I put it down there's a new mark - and all four corners are terribly scuffed. I hardly use the thing! My balenciaga is my beat up bag - and it only gets better with abuse...*cough* *cough*...I mean age! ;)

This is the first time that I've posted pics, so hopefully it'll work!

I'm just worried I overpaid now - the seller refunded me $20 for the scuffs, but I hope that's reasonable. I could have bought a brand new one from Aloha Rag for only $150 more including duties, but this one looks okay overall. I just became paranoid that I would need to totally baby the bag.

I thankfully was able to get the hair and the blush out, but was kinda upset since she said it was "mint". Anyhoo.. LMK if this is normal wear - I'm not super good at taking closeup pics. Thanks for the input!

Attachments

• IMG_1694.JPG
    IMG_1694.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 573
  • IMG_1695.JPG
    IMG_1695.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_1697.JPG
    IMG_1697.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_1700.JPG
    IMG_1700.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 545
^^^^ WOAH. How much did you pay??? I'd be complaining to that seller if I were you...MINT - yeah right! And is that a cut in the leather in the third picture? I have nothing like that, and like I've said, I really abuse my bbag. That is NOT normal wear - at all. The second to last picture looks awful - like it's showing the layer behind the leather! Oh no. That is BS!

On the upside though, the leather is absolutely beautiful.

Oh no!! What should I do? She seems nice and all, but only wanted to refund $20. I paid $1150 for it originally, so with the refund it's $1130. Should I ask her for more money back? I already posted feedback!

It's not really a cut in the leather - more of a nick... It's happened to me with shoes before for sure. The leather is really nice though.

^ I think you should get more $$ back, since it is not in mint condition as described. You should ask for another $130 back. After all, the bag retails for $1195, you paid $1130, so she ends up only paying $65 for using the bag for a considerable period of time. Don't worry, tweetie, I think ebay would be on your side because the item wasn't as described in the auction.

Thanks for your support girls! I was just starting to get this weird feeling when I looked at the bag more, so I sent an eBay message to the seller after I read your replies to the pics saying that I checked with the PF girls here who don't think that's normal wear for a 'mint' bag that would have been used only 11-12 times. I'll see what she says...

DH isn't too happy about it now. He said it would have been better just to pay full retail, but I couldn't tell that from the auction at the time - I really thought I was going to get a like new bag. :crybaby:

Keep your fingers crossed for me - she said all sales are final, but hopefully she'll agree to a bigger refund.

I would be upset since it was described as mint. Mint means out-of-the-store-perfect. It is still in good condition and has tons of life left in it, but it was not described properly. I'd ask for more or get a total refund.