Dumbest/smartest thing you did in 2006

dumbest: getting myself into debt, but i've stopped using my credit cards, gotten a debit card, and i'm doing just fine getting out of it

smartest: breaking up with my ex boyfriend BEFORE he proposed (i found out later that he was planning to) and losing 25 lbs - i want to lose even more this year!

dumbest: continuing to live in the "bad area of town" to save money and having a drive by shooting almost kill us!

smartest: put that house on the market the morning after the drive-by. Mortgage quadrupled but I feel safe again.

-sigh- as reading everyone else dumbest/smartest I got to think...

smartest: working f/t white managing school f/t to graduate this past Dec. 06 with an A.A. also, listenin to my lovely psychic giving me guidance in my relationship with my terrific bf whom i plan on marrying one day.

dumbest: -sigh- not applying to montclair because i calculated expenses incorrectly and idk, maybe not saving enough, yup! oh yeah and excessive stress/worrying, definitely unhealthy.

Smartest: Buying a house. I really feel like an adult now and it forced me to stick to a budget and stop buying every unnecessary thing in sight - its been quite a change of pace for me, but I'm so glad I did it.

Dumbest: Buying a second car (prior to homeownership -see unnecessary things above:rolleyes: ) It was dumb and financially irresponsible and I wouldn't make the same decision today, but boy is it fun to drive:shame:

Dumbest: Not coming up with a system for meeting my yearly billable hour target at work. It didn't matter because I got great reviews and got my full bonus anyway, but it caused me a ton of unnecessary stress. My New Year's resolution is to stick to the brilliant plan I have come up with for 2007 :P

Smartest: Married my husband

smartest: changing jobs/ enhancing my image

dumbest: nothing, i think i'm perfect ;) actually...spending tons of money on USELESS skincare products...