Dresses for fall....?

1. What kind of dresses look appropriate for fall/winter (i.e. paired with boots, etc.)? Do you guys have any favs?

2. I am LOVING dresses this fall!!!

I have a few that I've been wearing. For work, I have a couple of black shift dresses from Banana that I wear with black tights (I hate hose) + black high-heeled knee boots or black pumps. I also have a patterned wrap dress in shades of green and tan that I wear more casually (I like to throw it over a brown tee, + wear brown tights + either camel heels or brown suede wedges).

Another thing I've been playing with is fall-ifying dresses that I normally wear in the summer- I've been surprising myself with how good some dresses that I think of as summer pieces can still look in the fall. Not yellow floral-patterned linen dresses, of course :lol: but a lightweight black jersey shift and navy full-skirted sleeveless dress have both served me quite well recently when paired with a cardigan or suit jacket and worn over tights and pumps.

For night a semiformal evening dress can also take on quite a different character when worn under a more casual jacket with fishnets and casualish pumps. :yes:

Basically, I am having tons of fun with this trend :yahoo: I've bought a couple new dresses, but I am also finding many new ways to wear my old ones now that dresses are so in.

3. I had a post about sweater dresses and I think they are perfect for the winter. If you scroll down in this section or search it the PF members gave a lot of great suggestions. The sweater dresses look great with boots and tights.

4. I just got this d&g dress and its my fave so far!

[​IMG]

I tried it on with a turtleneck underneath and it makes a wonderful ensemble with boots :love:

5. ^^^oh wow, I really like that dress!!

Ashlend, I agree that some summer dresses can move nicely into winter with some leggings or tights.

6. Diane von Furstenberg - awesome dresses, esp. with boots!

7. ooooh mello yellow, I saw this dress just last week and was wondering what it would look like on. I am so tempted by it.

I also agree on the DVF dresses, I have just purchased a gorgeous silk shift for winter which looks amazing with boots and tights :smile:

yummy :biggrin:. I love dresses for winter

8. MandM - thanks!!

chloe-babe - get it, get it, get it!!!! I have a picture of it on me but I left my camera at my boyfriend's place :crybaby: it definitely looks better on than it does on the hanger, even my mom admitted that! GET IT, you'll look fab in it!!!!! :graucho:

9. There are so many dresses to choose from this fall. Definitely, many of them can be worn with boots, and most of them can be used in layering.

That's a great dress, Jen!

10. That D&G dress is gorgeous!!!!!

11. Where did you get the D&G dress? I couldn't find it on the Nordstroms site...

Ok, editing to say that it's on eluxury:smile:

12. melisande and Danica - thanks! it was loveeee at first sight!

MandM - GET IT!!! ok?!?!! Plus... if you get it from elux, you get back 4% through ebates :graucho:

13. I love this dress! Beautiful! :love:

14. Jen that D&G dress is gorgeous!

15. Omg that is hot!! checking eluxury noooow ^^ thanks for posting it :biggrin: *drools*