Dream Closets

How coincidental that KLS is talking about her closet. Her ex DH was just on Oprah today and he was talking about his new book about being rich and had nothing to do w/ money.

But when Oprah pushed him that it didn't hurt that he had millions, he ignored the comment and just kept saying "I do a lot of charity work"

I have more cardigans than I care to even count, but that doesn't make me a hoarder. I just like cardigans **kanye shrug**

Those people on the TV show "Hoarders" have issues - just buying for no reason, no organization (thrown all over the place), getting into financial troubles, shopping/collecting has taken place of their social live and ruined family relationships - that's hoarding. Kimora hardly has this problem, IMO.

I have more cardigans than I care to even count, but that doesn't make me a hoarder. I just like cardigans **kanye shrug**

Those people on the TV show "Hoarders" have issues - just buying for no reason, no organization (thrown all over the place), getting into financial troubles, shopping/collecting has taken place of their social live and ruined family relationships - that's hoarding. Kimora hardly has this problem, IMO.

No, you're right - those people on Hoarders are really troubled, and obviously Kimora isn't like that. I think I was just overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of clothes, and bags, you know? I think its trying to imagine the storage issue - at what point does collecting start to go too far? I have lots of skirts, for example, but if I only wore 1% of them I would be really stressed!

Does the fact that she has organized the stuff into multiple closets mean she's not a hoarder? I still think there is some underlying psychological or emotional issue. Did she grow up poor? Is this her way of showing the world she's wealthy - accumilating multiple closets full of fashions, shoes, and purses? It also seems like she justifies some purchases by saying/thinking "Some day it'll go to my daughters" or "It's for my daughters".

Yeah there are different levels of hoarding. She is an Organized Hoarder. However everyone has their issues. She has fabulous stuff and and "Closets". My mother had six closet full of clothes and never had anything to wear.

ITA Kimora is an organized hoarder. it's kinda like a high-functioning alcoholic IMHO. i read you definition of Hoarder DC & i'm guilty. ;/

i am in the process of getting my life/closets/room organized. :smile: baby steps!