Downsizing Hermes

1. Good Morning tPF's;

I am thinking of downsizing the various Hermes scarves, bracelets and belts that I have, have not worn in quite a while. Would anyone recommend any consignment or reseller in the Boston area that I could go too. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

2. I think you would do quite well on eaby with them if you have established yourself on eBay and have good feedback. I personally love buying scarves and pocket squares on eBay and I know the bracelets do quite well...

3. ^^ That was going to be my suggestion. Turnabout Shoppe has a great clientele and is very successful at selling high-end clothing and accessories. They have a large "call" list, so that when they get some H or Chanel in the store, it's sold very quickly. If you live relatively close to Wellesley, it's worth checking out.

4. Thank you everyone for their suggestions. I am thinking of doing it on ebay, because they do give you a better rate of return. But I am a novice in selling on ebay...not buying just selling so I am little hesitant.

I also do have Chanel bags to get rid of also so we shall see, but thank you for your suggestions.

5. dont consignment stores take 50% of what the item sells for?

6. 50% seems a bit high. I think most are lower

7. The consignment shops by me usually take a 50/50 split regardless of the item but the one place I know in NYC that takes a much smaller cut on Hermes only is Fisch for the Hip....which might explain why the prices are so high

8. I see :smartass:
    Wow! 50% of a Hermes is ALOT of $
    I would try ebay or craigslist first :yes:

:feminist: Haha (just having fun with the happy faces)
    Plus, I kinda feel that way today!

9. If you don't have an established rep on eBay for selling high-end items, it is sometimes difficult to get your item sold. It's worth a try first, and then if that doesn't work, the consignment route is another option. 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

10. I am not sure what I am going to do with my Hermes items that I have not worn in the last couple of years. I did go last year to consignment shop to sell some Chanel and I could not believe what they gave me in price (not much) and everything sold very fast. I was thinking about ebay, have done a lot of buying no selling, so you are right I have no rep. Most of the time I give away my Chanel, Hermes to my friends. For example, gave my friends daughter a beautiful Hermes collier de chien belt that I never wore. Every once in awhile I get in this mood that I am going to clean out my closets....

11. I don't know if it matters. I've sold an LV bag (with receipt), Tiffany necklace (with receipt), and LV wallet/cc case w/o receipt on eBay and it was fine. My price was lower than someone who is a "known" seller (except when I "my poupette" certified the LV bag) but I sold them. If you describe it clearly, and list the collection its from and where you bought it, you'll sell them.

12. Hey Mollyandjake -- I am in Boston and I could be your BEST friend :love: if you ever get the urge to clean out your closets of Hermes!!! :yahoo::roflmfao::roflmfao:

13. Mollyandjake ~ That Is A Great Store. They May Be Able To Work With You On The Commission. Also, The Consignment On Newbury & Quite A Few Marblehead....They All Do Well. I Think Of Any Of Their Names One Of Marblehead's May Be Ragstoriches? I Will Try & Find Out The Names> Funny Redhead ~ Any Idea?