Doubt About My Mbmj New Mimi Turnlock Bag

alma_k

Apr 1, 2007
hi!

I just got my totally tunrlock mimi in ocean colour. I bought in Zappos. it`s wonderful and soft but i noticed that if i compare it with pics of the mimi in net a porter, there are slight differences: for example, the Zappos one that i bought has the Marc by marc Jacobs graved on the turnlock all in the same colour (black), while the one i saw at net a porter or eluxury, has only "marc" engraved in black and "by marc jacobs" is in slightly white.

i felt a bit scared as i thought zappos was a safe site (it`s recommended by Purseblog as authentic shopping)- then i discovered on the Neiman Marcus site that this slight difference exists also on some bags they sell there.
check this out on this turnlock hobo (zooming you notice it!):
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...t000141cat000149cat000226cat9610737cat6340744
the 2 bags, exactly the same model, simply different colour, have the different turnlock: can you explain it?

thanks!!!!

There are fakes for so many bags, but I have never heard of fake Marc by Marc Jacobs bags. There simply isn't enough demand for counterfeiters to produce them.

I wouldn't worry about it; enjoy your new bag.

Zappos.com is a legit site, dont worry about getting replicas/fakes from there. i think the colours (black or black/white) of the brand name letterings varies from different colour of bags.

Totally Turnlock Faridah - Black (comes with all black letterings)
2007-06-27_060511.jpg

Totally Turnlock Faridah - Stone (comes with black/white letterings)
2007-06-27_061124.jpg

Totally Turnlock Faridah - Cordovan (comes with all black letterings)
6627-448813-5.jpg

hope this helps!