Double your money back guarantee?

1. Hi ladies:smile: ,
    I am going to post this really quick cause I GTG, but I have a question for you all. As some of you know, I am new at selling on eBay. So, today I have a potential buyer ask me to double her money back guarantee on authenticity. Well, I know my bag is authentic since I have the receipt and bought from the store via phone order. BUT, should I agree to the double money thing? I am afraid the buyer will try to say its fake and keep the real one I sent her and send me a fake one! HELP :yucky: !
  2. no, I would tag the bag in such a way that you KNOW it's YOUR bag if she chooses to return it, IF you allow returns.
    But I would not ever offer soemone double their money back personally? Why should they make a profit?
    If you are comfortable w/ a return, I'd simply offer her her winning bid back.
  3. No...its sounds like a scam!!!
  4. Nope, nope, nope. You found one of the eBay loonies.
  5. I personally would not do it.

6. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:
    Could not agree more.
  7. thanks ladies! I am going to take you alls advice and not agree to the double money, but what kind of tag am I going to attach?
  8. I'm not sure what you mean by "what kind of tag am I going to attach".
  9. I suggested to her that she 'tag' the bag somehow so she'd know if it was HER bag being returned if this Buyer tried to return it. Some eBay Sellers do this to prevent bait and switch.
  10. i think some people use something like those bracelets for over 21s at events, the kind you get once they check id so the servers know who can drink and who can't. once they're attached you can't remove it without cutting it. you can buy them in bulk at party suppliers for about 30 bucks (for 500)...but i don't know if you can get them in small quantities.
  11. Sounds like the buyer is looking to do a bait and switch! I would not do it!!!
  12. no no never never

wonder what she's looking to gain

yoiur bag and also your money is my guess
  13. i offer a double $ back for authenticity on all my ebay auctions and have never had a problem. however, i think there is no way the buyer can hold you to giving back double the money because he/she does a paypal dispute, paypal only can charge you what the buyer paid for.
  14. well, I just told the potential buyer that I will not agree to it (double money thing), I told her that I would be happy to send her as much detailed pictures as she wants and also copies of the receipts and even the origininal shipping labels~! Hopefully she won't get angry, but I don't see how I should agree to something that can potentially backfire on me, even though I would like to make the sale.
    Thanks ladies! Hope you gals are having fun with the sales going on lately! LOL
  15. Good luck love2shop, I think the bracellet tag for your bag is a must. If I were you, the buyer will make me nervous big time. You don't want to lose the bag and $$...keep us posted pls