Dooney Pals Off-Topic Chat Thread

Hi everyone, sorry to be a stranger here! I am in a bag lull. Seem to have "lost interest" in new bags. (I know right, horrors!) I've been carrying my light, cheerful Vera Bradleys and enjoying them. There are no "high end" bags on my radar right now, and I am saving for a trip I hope to take to Europe in the coming year. I agree, its easier to avoid the forum than to see new bags and covet them.

While I do have a Facebook account, I don't think I'm interested in participating in another Dooney space other than this one, I have really enjoyed making friends on this one!

This Sarah!
Hope your health concerns resolve swiftly.:flowers:
Your new things sound beautiful, LJ. I am going through a semi-uninterested phase right now with nothing on my wish list. I have had some health issues and handbags have not been high on my agenda. I think several of our "regulars" are trying to slow down or take a break from buying, so perhaps they feel they have nothing to contribute to the forum... which is not true, of course.

When I tried to be on a ban last year it was easier to just avoid TPF and the temptations here. So that may be one factor for some other posters, too.

Oh my goodness LJ all your new bags sound marvelous, especially the Brahmins!
I got thru the weekend without purchasing another handbag. Whew. :smile:
Over the last 2 months I have done more than my share of buying....
3 Brahmins, and a bunch of Dooney. Sorry, I can't post pics, so that's why I haven't
posted about these purchases. But I realize, if no one posts, then no one responds, then
the forum becomes too quiet and no one stops by to chat. I don't want that to happen.

So here is my list: 2 Brahmin large Duxbury, one in sea glass (which is an aqua color) and one
in Turkish blue. A Brahmin Harrison tote in ink.
In the Dooney group: dusty blue zip zip in pebble, black Buckley Florentine, bone ostrich small
satchel, sea foam ostrich small satchel, grape Alto Silvia, grey ostrich Barlow.

I'm done for a while. I hope not to be tempted until after Christmas. :smile:

I got thru the weekend without purchasing another handbag. Whew. :smile:
Over the last 2 months I have done more than my share of buying....
3 Brahmins, and a bunch of Dooney. Sorry, I can't post pics, so that's why I haven't
posted about these purchases. But I realize, if no one posts, then no one responds, then
the forum becomes too quiet and no one stops by to chat. I don't want that to happen.

So here is my list: 2 Brahmin large Duxbury, one in sea glass (which is an aqua color) and one
in Turkish blue. A Brahmin Harrison tote in ink.
In the Dooney group: dusty blue zip zip in pebble, black Buckley Florentine, bone ostrich small
satchel, sea foam ostrich small satchel, grape Alto Silvia, grey ostrich Barlow.

I'm done for a while. I hope not to be tempted until after Christmas. :smile:

That's an awesome haul GF! Congrats!
Those Brahmins and the ostrich satchels are totally calling my name!

I am not a fan of Facebook or any of the popular social media. I don't "tweet" or instagram or any of that; I just have zero interest in that stuff. :lol: I created a Facebook account using "Mia Borsa" but I don't like the interface of Facebook. It is not easy (for me) to have a conversation or keep up with a discussion there IMO. I prefer a forum where it's simple to follow the conversation.

I hate to see posters losing interest in the Dooney board but I suppose that's just the way it goes. If traffic here dies down they will remove this section and add a more popular brand discussion.

I feel the same way. I just don't get the idea behind them!

For my part, sorry for being MIA so much, work has been too much lately. And then to make things worse, my team went from 3 to 1, so now it's only me, so it's even worse.
I was away on vacation last week so I didn't touch the computer at all, but I hit the sample sale while I was in CA. Got some goodies. I went crazy! And then on Monday I went to the outlet here to get just one they had on hold for me and left with more than one...oops. And one I wanted they did not have. I just have a couple of them on my wish list and then that's it until my b-day. I've been taking pics this morning, so I'll try to start posting the pics later.

Your new things sound beautiful, LJ. I am going through a semi-uninterested phase right now with nothing on my wish list. I have had some health issues and handbags have not been high on my agenda. I think several of our "regulars" are trying to slow down or take a break from buying, so perhaps they feel they have nothing to contribute to the forum... which is not true, of course.

When I tried to be on a ban last year it was easier to just avoid TPF and the temptations here. So that may be one factor for some other posters, too.

Hey Sarah!
I hope your health issues get resolved quickly.

This Sarah!
Hope your health concerns resolve swiftly.:flowers:
Hi everyone, sorry to be a stranger here! I am in a bag lull. Seem to have "lost interest" in new bags. (I know right, horrors!) I've been carrying my light, cheerful Vera Bradleys and enjoying them. There are no "high end" bags on my radar right now, and I am saving for a trip I hope to take to Europe in the coming year. I agree, its easier to avoid the forum than to see new bags and covet them.

While I do have a Facebook account, I don't think I'm interested in participating in another Dooney space other than this one, I have really enjoyed making friends on this one!

Hi, Rosie! It's great to "see" you. :love: Thanks very much; I am feeling better now. I agree that saving for a European vacation is definitely more appealing than another purse!! (Besides, you will probably find a bag while on your trip!)

Oh my... Didn't realize my inviting you girls to my group was gonna create such a stir. I just invited with no expectations at all. I wasn't forcing anyone, I just mentioned it [emoji57]
I think we are more concerned that there seems to be a loss of interest in this Dooney board for whatever reason(s). You are to be commended for starting the FB group and taking on the admin of it. I hope it's a huge success for you and I hope you won't forget about us. :biggrin:

I think we are more concerned that there seems to be a loss of interest in this Dooney board for whatever reason(s). You are to be commended for starting the FB group and taking on the admin of it. I hope it's a huge success for you and I hope you won't forget about us. :biggrin:

Ahh, I see! I pop in often but the participation has quickly dwindled, so I don't pop in as often anymore. I'm not seeking success but thank you... I just want to have an outlet for girls to talk all things Dooney. I will never forget you girls. You girls were with me during my 3700 mile move about a year and a half ago, so come on now! [emoji7]

Reactions: MiaBorsa