Dooney & Bourke Alto Collection Clubhouse

This is my first Alto purchase. I got this beauty off Poshmark for under $60 and didn't realize at the time how good of a deal that is for this collection. I was looking for a Florentine messenger bag when I came across this and loved the thick strap and it being in black. It is in such great shape for it being considered vintage. I don't know exactly when this bag was made but from others have been told it's an older one. The leather is thick and sturdy and it smells better than my new Florentine bags which is crazy to me. I am waiting for the Alto Aria I just purchased to arrive on Friday to add to my collection. I am very excited and hope she's as beautiful as this one is. I will post pictures and give my thoughts.
WOW! THAT IS AN AWESOME STEAL!!!! Beautiful in the alto leather. Love the thick strap

This is my first Alto purchase. I got this beauty off Poshmark for under $60 and didn't realize at the time how good of a deal that is for this collection. I was looking for a Florentine messenger bag when I came across this and loved the thick strap and it being in black. It is in such great shape for it being considered vintage. I don't know exactly when this bag was made but from others have been told it's an older one. The leather is thick and sturdy and it smells better than my new Florentine bags which is crazy to me. I am waiting for the Alto Aria I just purchased to arrive on Friday to add to my collection. I am very excited and hope she's as beautiful as this one is. I will post pictures and give my thoughts.
Excellent bag! It looks to be in great shape. I love the messenger look. It’s also giving me a Henry’s (another D&B brand) vibe too.

I remember when you asked in the auth thread about this. I replied with a screenshot of the Dooney archive. D&B is such a gatekeeper when it comes to their vintage collections, it’s a shame we can’t put a date to our vintage bags like Coach does.

Reactions: kimarley
New Alto styles were added. The color Persian blue is gorgeous.

Vallea​

North South Piera​

Piera Tote​

Woven Shopper (3 sizes)​

Rayna​

(Sort by new arrivals) ⬇️
I’m liking this bag a lot, and very curious to know how it wears.

1713630666541.png

This bag is giving me Coach vibes, especially the interior of the bags - similar to the Coach ‘Klare’

1713630814634.png

I purchased the Persian Blue Vallea with the last sale. I could not believe that the code worked on a new item so I took it as a sign that it was meant to be. I have not opened it yet because I want it to be a surprise on my birthday in one week. Plenty of time to return if it is too small or an off color. I have always wanted a bright blue so we’ll see. The second the woven collection goes on sale I will purchase a saddle color. Just not sure which size although with Alto I always go big because the small and regular sizes are just too small. The large always fits more like a regular size handbag. Go big or go home!

• Love
Reactions: KiltyR45
I purchased the Persian Blue Vallea with the last sale. I could not believe that the code worked on a new item so I took it as a sign that it was meant to be. I have not opened it yet because I want it to be a surprise on my birthday in one week. Plenty of time to return if it is too small or an off color. I have always wanted a bright blue so we’ll see. The second the woven collection goes on sale I will purchase a saddle color. Just not sure which size although with Alto I always go big because the small and regular sizes are just too small. The large always fits more like a regular size handbag. Go big or go home!
Fingers crossed that your Persian Blue Vallea is amazing and you love it.

I think the woven are interesting also, but in the past, when I've looked at the
large panel woven Alto I've sometimes seen the lining of the handbag peeking thru.
That might have been by design, but it was enough to keep me from buying.
It will be tempting to see the new woven collection. I may have a hard time
resisting.

Reactions: KiltyR45
WOW! I’m surprised the code worked, because I couldn’t get any of the canvas items with the code either. 😂 Do come back here and give us an update on how you like the bag & color! I’m loving these blue colors D&B has been producing.

WOW! THAT IS AN AWESOME STEAL!!!! Beautiful in the alto leather. Love the thick strap
Me too, it fits perfect and is so different than the others in my collection. I really love this little bag and appreciate so much about her.
Excellent bag! It looks to be in great shape. I love the messenger look. It’s also giving me a Henry’s (another D&B brand) vibe too.

I remember when you asked in the auth thread about this. I replied with a screenshot of the Dooney archive. D&B is such a gatekeeper when it comes to their vintage collections, it’s a shame we can’t put a date to our vintage bags like Coach does.
I agree I remember having catalogs when I first noticed Dooney my senior year in high school, I wish I would've hung on to them.

I finally was able to get this wishlist Alto Leonora in black and I'm in love with it! I don't know what it is about Alto leather but I can't get enough of it. This little bag is actually a decent size at 6.75 x 4.5 x 8.5 and the handle is so sturdy as well as the shoulder strap being adjustable and detachable. The strap is also designed so that it doesn't have any loose part that hangs and needs to held down, I've really disliked some Dooney straps that don't have that much needed extra loop to hold the strap in place. She has feet and a little mirror that is different from anything I own and I will keep this forever in my collection and will spend a lot of time admiring her.

Attachments

• IMG_20240420_170420935~2.jpg
    IMG_20240420_170420935~2.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240420_170301835~2.jpg
    IMG_20240420_170301835~2.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240422_232138454.jpg
    IMG_20240422_232138454.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240422_232439278.jpg
    IMG_20240422_232439278.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 1
I finally was able to get this wishlist Alto Leonora in black and I'm in love with it! I don't know what it is about Alto leather but I can't get enough of it. This little bag is actually a decent size at 6.75 x 4.5 x 8.5 and the handle is so sturdy as well as the shoulder strap being adjustable and detachable. The strap is also designed so that it doesn't have any loose part that hangs and needs to held down, I've really disliked some Dooney straps that don't have that much needed extra loop to hold the strap in place. She has feet and a little mirror that is different from anything I own and I will keep this forever in my collection and will spend a lot of time admiring her.
Enjoy your new Alto. Another treasure for your collection.