Don't Expect Botkier to Guarantee Their Bags

I loved my Bone Bianca until I started using it. The leather on the straps look faded and worn only after about two weeks of using it. It stains very easy even though I used appleguard protectant. The leather is ripping away at one corner. I handle my bags with ultimate care. Other bags I own I've used for months still look brand new. I can't believe how bad my Botkier is holding up. I will never buy another Botkier.

This is such bad news and I'm sorry for your troubles. I love botkier handbags and this is impt. info so thank you. I will be considering this for future purchases. I hope it all works out for you. Good luck!

I just saw this on Ebay-
was it this style bag? Must have happened to a lot, check it out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Botkier-leather...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How funny! That is the exact bag as mine and she had the exact same issue. Maybe that's why they stopped making it. The only differences are my bag is black and it doesn't have that fancy detailing on the strap. Being I got it at Neiman's Last Call, I wouldn't be surprised if it was lost and they sold it anyway. Not being familiar with the bag, I bought it thinking it had everything. Botkier received my bag last week on 8/9. I haven't heard from them but I will continue to keep you all posted.

How funny! That is the exact bag as mine and she had the exact same issue. Maybe that's why they stopped making it. The only differences are my bag is black and it doesn't have that fancy detailing on the strap. Being I got it at Neiman's Last Call, I wouldn't be surprised if it was lost and they sold it anyway. Not being familiar with the bag, I bought it thinking it had everything. Botkier received my bag last week on 8/9. I haven't heard from them but I will continue to keep you all posted.

*bump*

so what happened in the end?

did they stitch the bag for free? how did it hold thereafter?

I also have 5 Botkiers and have never had any problems with them. I am a fanatic about using the dust bags to protect them. My oldest one is 3 years old and still looks great!

I just got the small Howard St bag. My first Botkier and now I'm worried :-s

I think you have every right to be worried. I own the small Howard St. It developed a series of rips after two weeks of use (one on the handle seams, and several on the front portion of the bag). I sent it back to Botkier, and they sent it back to me, telling me there is nothing they could do to fix it. I just received it back today.

I would run from that bag if I were you.

I think you have every right to be worried. I own the small Howard St. It developed a series of rips after two weeks of use (one on the handle seams, and several on the front portion of the bag). I sent it back to Botkier, and they sent it back to me, telling me there is nothing they could do to fix it. I just received it back today.

I would run from that bag if I were you.

Sorry about your bag, will you post pics of the flaws so we'll know what to look out for?

I have several Botkier bags. My most recent bag was a sasha in black which I bought less than a year ago on gilt groupe. The handle has totally faded. I also have a metallic olive trigger which has faded and the handles have ripped. I have a white tote and a tan hobo style purse both of which have faded. When I contacted Botkier they told me I could send them back and they would look at them and charge me to fix the issues, if they can even fix these issues.

I also have a large sasha and a clutch. Since Botkier does not care about my business anymore, and cannot even offer to replace the bag that I have had for less than a year, the clutch will be the last botkier I buy. I have spent over $3000 on these bags...I would rather own a bag made by a company that stands by the bag....If I spend over $300 on a bag it should at least last a year!

Attachments

• Black Sasha Handle.jpg
    Black Sasha Handle.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Black Sasha Handle Pic 2.jpg
    Black Sasha Handle Pic 2.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 158
  • White Tote Fading.jpg
    White Tote Fading.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Trigger handbag Handle.jpg
    Trigger handbag Handle.jpg