Dolma versus Origan/Olive which is nicer...?

catcat

O.G.
Sep 6, 2006
I need to get my mind a little off my INK day dilemma so I was wondering what your opinions were on these two...?!

I have seen a couple of pics in auctions but the dolma seems to vary a lot.
I do like smoky, greens (or apple for fun) apart from that I'm not a green type.
I'm considering both colors for the distant future :P (yes trama:angel: I promise to be good!)

Pics for comparison are more than welcome!!!

Dolma is more neutral, more grey... the leather has the amazing vintage quality that the older bags have, soft and buttery, distressed in a worn way, not with marbly cracks but with an overall smushiness. It also has the naturally faded look to begin with. Initially I was put off by this slight washed-out look, but it's grown on me.
Olive (f/w 05?) is more concentrated. I like it too, but for different reasons. It adds color without being loud or too vibrant.
Origan (s/s 06?) is muted like Dolma and has the ambiguous quality, where it seems beige one minute and green the next. It's warmer than Dolma too. My least fave of the bunch. And, of course, the leather - I think s/s 06 has been the thinnest leather, least favorite of Bal fans.

slinks....I agree with you.:yes:

I must tell you though, this Dolma I was lucky enough to get............WOW, this is so new that the color is still really dark and rich still. It's so yummy, I get to use and love it creating the washed out look myself if I want to.... Although, right now all I can bring myself to do is stare at it lovingly as it sits right next to me. Not to mention, the leather, it's soooo thick and buttery soft.
I love, love, love it. :love:

Thank you again, Swiss.:tender:

Here's a dolma mini twiggy, origan city, and olive first for color comparison:
05_dolma_mini_twiggy.jpg

06_origan_city.jpg

05_olive_first.jpg