Dogone wallet, pros and cons?

Hi 880! I really like the Dogon -- but I am not happy about one thing. The little leather piece that holds it closed is wearing out - sort of - from being opened and closed so often (I suppose that's why). I am going to bring it in, because I am not pleased about the way it looks. The rest of the wallet is great -- just that closing piece really bothers me.

Its possible my wallet is defective, so don't only rely on my opinion. Just keep it mind when you go to look at it. Hope this helps!

Thanks Hermes hunter! Am thinking the azap long or for a quarter of the price, LV makes a zippy - that way there is more coin in the H fund should I feel that I need a kelly wallet. :smile: hugs to you!

Thank you for bumping this thread 880~ I have always loved the look of the bearn wallet.... just think it's sooo lady-like and love it's proportions.

The Dogone and Azap are too bulky and won't fit in my picotins. Then I saw Periogirl28's PINK Constance wallet......I knew my efforts to refrain myself from getting an H wallet just went out the door! hahah~ I never would have thought my yarning for a Constance wallet would end up with DH getting me a Constance BAG! hahahh~

But I'm going to check out the Constance wallet tomorrow anyways..... just to see what it looks like and feels like IRL and I will report back!!

I totally see you with a sleek, urban, chic looking wallet......PLUS a pretty, classic kelly wallet!!;)

880 - Have a Dogon Combined and love it b/c I can keep the imp. stuff (cc's) seperate from the really imp. stuff (ID). But I do admit to being a closet Azap lover. Have the Zippy style in LV and Longchamp and must admit I miss their more compact size and having the zipper. Unfortunately, the Azap is just too much above my price point. Good luck!

880 - Have a Dogon Combined and love it b/c I can keep the imp. stuff (cc's) seperate from the really imp. stuff (ID). But I do admit to being a closet Azap lover. Have the Zippy style in LV and Longchamp and must admit I miss their more compact size and having the zipper. Unfortunately, the Azap is just too much above my price point. Good luck!

How about the silk-in? I have the silk-in compact but there is a long version too. Its just the same as the Azap but with a reinforced silk interior - gives a pop of colour (I have etoure/fuschia) while holding the same as the azap, and the silk lining makes it cheaper than an all-leather lining. I have been using mine for a few months now with no problems.

Hi 880..I just wanted to say that after much analizing & agonizing, I purchased a Dogon Combined wallet last fall and absolutely love it! There is room for all my cards, bills and change and also for any receipts I collect during the day. I could easily put my passport in it too if needed. I find it incredibly user friendly and the best part....I get to stroke the soft interior while I am waiting at the cash register for transactions to go through!

880, I will be interested in your decision as I am going through the same thing -- dogon too big, bearn too serious, longing for a kelly but worried I won't like it. I will look for the dogon long this week.

I have had and sold two dogons - just found the clasp too fussy, so I left it undone most of the time. And although it's a big wallet, it didn't seem to hold all that much (but took up a lot of space).

Have a bearn tri-fold that I love for the 10 card slots. But again, I found the tab in the H clasp fussy so rarely used it.

I now use and LOVE the large Azap combined. Fits a ton, zips closed, has a lot of larger compartments so it will work really nicely for travel (i.e., slipping in a passport). I really love it.

If you want something smaller, I think the azap long is good too (had a BV wallet just like it). Fits a lot, easy to get in and out of.

Good luck with your decision!

this was my main problem with the dogone. it just didn't seem space efficient. mine is really beautiful and great layout and visibility but i can get everything it held into a much smaller wallet. i thought i would use the inside zip purse but in reality i rarely used it.

hth

The Dogon was the first wallet that caught my eye when I decided to buy a new wallet. Later on I decided to get a Bearn instead because I was afraid that the closure would be a bit fussy. I also liked the sleek/chique look of the Bearn, while the Dogon is a bit more casual, imo. It is a beautiful wallet though!

I am thinking of getting one as well................what a wonderful load of information............. thank you the OP to start this thread up..............

I dithered about this decision, too, for months, looked at bearns, azaps, silk ins, and dogons, and finally bought a dogon. I felt like I'd never had a wallet that really worked for me, and I love the dogon. The bearn felt too fussy for me and while an azap was probably my first choice, I wanted a pre-loved wallet cause of the expense and the azap is really hard to find on the resale market. I finally feel I have a grown up wallet that holds all I need it to hold without allowing me to overstuff it like I always used to do with wallets, and it fits well in my birkin. The clasp doesn't bother me at all.

And my dogon is really cool, it's veau rodeo in graphite with a blue jean interior :smile:

Is the Dogon Long the newer version with a zipper on the back exterior of the wallet? and it's a little slimmer than the traditional version?? If so, then I saw one in vegas last month and liked the fact that it's not as wide and the zipped compartment in the back seems to be quite useful~~

Is the Dogon Long the newer version with a zipper on the back exterior of the wallet? and it's a little slimmer than the traditional version?? If so, then I saw one in vegas last month and liked the fact that it's not as wide and the zipped compartment in the back seems to be quite useful~~

Yes, this is the wallet! Again, I can't say enough how happy I am with this new version. I should also add that I did once own an Azap Long wallet but found the bulge from the coin purse in the middle very awkward. Having said this, I do own the LV insolete wallet & find it much slimmer than the Azap & a lot more elegant.

If I get the chance, I will post a pic of my Dogon Long wallet. I know that there were tons the last time I visited the Madison Ave store about a month ago, including a gorgeous orange one w/ gold hw...

Here are the pics of the Dogon Long Wallet. I also included one of my Kelly Long Wallet for size comparison. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• IMG_2577.JPG
    IMG_2577.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_2578.JPG
    IMG_2578.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_2579.JPG
    IMG_2579.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 604