"Doggy Bags" in NYT On the Street column (Prada, Miu Miu, etc.)

1. From today's edition of the New York Times...

By BILL CUNNINGHAM
    Published: August 5, 2007
    Novelty handbags often suggest different breeds of dog. There is the wrinkly shar-pei, right, whose folds of skin are reflected in an array of puckered leather bags. There also are dogs who call to mind the shaggy-look leather bags, above and left. The artisan dog handbags by Priscilla Snyder, bottom left, are intricately embroidered works of art. Some of Ms. Snyder’s newest bags are three-dimensional sculptures.

[​IMG]

NYT.JPG
  2. O.K., my pug is my life, so that explains why I love the soft wrinkly leather of Balenciaga or the pleated leather look of MIu Miu or Prada. Hmmmmmm and all this time I thought it was about the craftsmanship and quality of the handbags. :amuse: I will really be in trouble if they come out with a green feathered bag to remind me of my parrot. :roflmfao:

3. I thought this was going to be an article on designer dog carriers. Hmmm...none of these bags ever reminded me of dogs except the fringy ones. I love the rest of them.

4. This article is great! The bulldogs and their bags are my favorite. Thanks for posting!

5. ha ha...so cute!

6. Fun! I never thought of the LV Cloud bags looking like dogs...but I guess I can see it (if I squint, close one eye, and tilt my head). :p

7. VERY cute article! lol!

8. Sarah, I love your pug. I have a black one too! She is my life and maybe that is why I like Balenciagas as well!

9. Lol!!! Too funny! Thanks for hsaring!

10. Wait, do my eyes deceive me, or are 3 of those pictures actual bags that REALLY look like dogs?

Ew.

11. Yup, the text of the column says: "The artisan dog handbags by Priscilla Snyder, bottom left, are intricately embroidered works of art. Some of Ms. Snyder’s newest bags are three-dimensional sculptures."

I'd rather carry the ruched Prada or Miu Miu, thanks! :rolleyes: