Dog in Coach Outlet Store

I think for the sole reason that some people are allergic to animals, they shouldn't be allowed in stores. This coming from an animal lover.

I wouldn't want someone to have some kind of allegy attack b/c I have my pet in the store with me.

Having said that, I wish there was a cure all for allegies so the allegy sufferers AND the pet lovers could all be happy :yes:

I bring my mini-doxie with me places, particularly to Target. He rides in the seat in the cart with his blanket and hangs out the whole time. Why do I bring him, besides to let him choose his toys? Because it is illegal to leave him in the car here. I take him around with me places to socialize him, stimulate him and spend time with him.

Reading this has been interesting and informative--I didn't know that so many people disapproved of dogs being brought places.

I don't mean every animal everywhere; I see the slippery slope, I'm not blind, but I don't have a response to it because it's a poor argument. But from my personal stance, I'd like to see a few places be a bit more welcoming. I see no problem with taking my dogs, cumulative weight of 10lbs, in a stroller into a store (no food in it) and not get hassled. There are a few restaurants in Charlotte that have no issue with dogs being on their patio/deck for lunch. I'd love to see that more often, too.

Why is asking "where you draw the line" a poor argument?

Ummm I have to disagree with some of what you say.
I consider myself an amazing "Pet Guardian" since the city I live in you are not owners you are a Guardian. Anyways, After a certain age you really do not need to immunize your pets every year. My DH has worked at an Animal Hospital for over 22 years and no one there after their pets are a few years old vaccinates their animals yearly. As for flee control during the winter months there is really no need for flee control. And unless your dog has worms there is no need to be on a worm program. I can get all these things for free so it is not like I am being cheap or don't care. Believe me if my dog blinks twice I rush him in.

The point I was tryng to make about worm control/flea control etc. was that some owners don't bother at all, not what months/ages it is needed. You are obviously a loving and responsible owner but the point I was trying to make (very unsuccessfully it seems) was that not all owners are.

Why is asking "where you draw the line" a poor argument?
Slippery slope arguments are never good ones. Can you give me the percentages of people that you believe will decide to take pet alligators to the mall? I think it would fall somewhere in the less than 1% range, realistically. I'd say the same for say, a pet goat or a horse. I have yet to hear anyone go gosh darnnit, people are so uptight about me riding good ol' sally sue the mare through Neiman Marcus. I'm sure if people ever desire to carry their pet gator through the mall, the issue will be discussed and mayhaps resolved when it occurs...for now, dogs are up for discussion.

^ I agree. Slippery slope arguments aren't good, so I'll get back on track.:smile: (oh and I agree with your alligator percentage stats). Ok, my original question: if dogs were allowed in stores, where do we draw the line? What are we talking here? Certain breeds? Weights? I am of the opinion that if they were allowed it would open up a huge can of worms (for want of a better term). Just my 02c.:smile:

I think it should be based on how well behaved an animal is. Like I said in an earlier post my bosses dog pooped in the Nordstrom's shoe dept and will bark at you until she is feed. So NO!!!!!! That dog should not be allowed to "go shopping". Where my dog would NEVER do those things. He NEVER barks. Most people do not even notice him since he is so quite.

I would much rather see a well behaved large dog over a badly behaved small dog any day. I think most will agree with me on this one.

In Massachusetts I think it's a law that if the store sells food items - no pets are allowed.

Reggie goes to PetSmart, PetCo and several small Doggie Bake/Gift shops but they encourage that. There are also a few outdoor caffes in Boston that cater to the "out with the pet set." He used to go to Home Depot with me too but since they put a Dunkin Donuts in the building they have posted the no bare feet/no pets sign!

I wouldn't be keen to see a dog at my Coach outlett - it's always too crowded and I would think could be upsetting....for the dog.

Bottom line for pet owners: Do you think that your pet is really, truly enjoying being toted around like a wallet in a bag? Or would your dog be happier being able to, IDK, walk and run free like a dog naturally does?

People are very allergic to pet hair, and you will never be able to control where your dog sheds. Should someone else's health be compromised because your dog has to go shopping for that purse? No. People are allergic to all sorts of things, but pets are certainly something that can be controlled!

I refuse to eat in any establishment that would allow animals except for service animals. That's a blatant violation of every health code. You may want to eat dog hair, but I don't!

This may sound harsh, but until dogs are given the right to work and create laws, they're not customers. Establishments are catered to paying customers, not animals.

I have no problem with pets in pet stores, but keep them out of everywhere else!

And for the record, I'm not an animal hater. I have pets. But they stay at home, where they belong and are happier.

^Well I have found HUMAN hair in my food before at restaurants and that ruined my dining experience (and it wasn't mine--I am a blonde and the hair was brown and waaay long...sooo gross!!)

I am not saying that the dogs should run on the tables but I don't see the moral travesty of bringing a dog into an establishment that doesn't serve food.

The whole allergy thing IMHO is not a strong point--there are plenty of other things in the world that people are allergic to...

I do understand the allergy thing. I carry an epipen with me at all times. DH has severe allergies to animals. We can't have pets at home.
That being said we are thrilled when we see "pocket" pets out & about that we can talk with the owners & maybe get to interact with their furry kids for a short period.
We are the crazy people who get excited (in the good way) to see your furry little one. Humor us, OK?

I have no issue comparing dogs to children. :confused1:

My dogs are my kids:heart:

My dog is my baby too. In fact, my parents refer to her as their grandchild. My brother is her uncle. My brother's dog is her cousin who is also their granddaughter. Some people just feel love towards dogs like they do for humans. You either get it or you don't.

Btw, I saw the most adorable little chiahuaha in an elevator today in the building I work out of.