Does your Louis Vuitton dust bag says 'Made In India'?

Thanks for your reply. I bought this LV wallet off eBay too. I have a friend examed it for me. She thinks its authentic. I am thinking of taking it to LV store to get it authenticated there. But I have heard ppl say they might v taken your stuff away if its not authentic. I dont want that :nogood:
May I ask you where did you get your bag authenticated? Private msg me if you need to. Thanks a lot:smile:

I bought my bag from eBay so I was worried about the dustbag because all it said was 100% cotton. I found out my speedy 30 is definitely authentic but still not sure if the dust bag is or not! I don't care though as long as the bag is! :smile:

Thanks for your reply. I bought this LV wallet off eBay too. I have a friend examed it for me. She thinks its authentic. I am thinking of taking it to LV store to get it authenticated there. But I have heard ppl say they might v taken your stuff away if its not authentic. I dont want that :nogood:
May I ask you where did you get your bag authenticated? Private msg me if you need to. Thanks a lot:smile:

Hi, you could post for authentication here in the LV Shopping section: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-shopping/authenticate-lv-read-rules-use-format-post-1-a-760820.html#post22305678

See first post for info to add, good luck.

I went to the LV store but she told me they don't do it anymore because of the high volume of people coming in and replicas being so real looking these days. lucky for me, my friend has the same purse (she bought from store)so we compared and they are the same! Before meeting up with her I did pay an online authentication service $8 for a quick reply since the authenticaters on this site kept ignoring my request!! Idk how legit it was, but they emailed me back right away an asked for specific pictures and told me it was authentic too. Hope this helps! Kim

Just checked one of my dustbags, and it's Made In India.

But a question: What's the big deal if it is? I'm curious about the "uh oh" responses. Maybe it's because of my background (my family is South Asian) but I don't particularly see the difference. I kind of like that my people are associated with LV, even in such a teeny way :smile:
The most beautiful cotton does come from India......

I went to the LV store but she told me they don't do it anymore because of the high volume of people coming in and replicas being so real looking these days. lucky for me, my friend has the same purse (she bought from store)so we compared and they are the same! Before meeting up with her I did pay an online authentication service $8 for a quick reply since the authenticaters on this site kept ignoring my request!! Idk how legit it was, but they emailed me back right away an asked for specific pictures and told me it was authentic too. Hope this helps! Kim
Hey hey, sry for taking me this long to reply. I was away. Thank you for your help. I ended up paying a ~$8 to get it authenticated too. Now, I can finally start to use my wallet;)

I was kinda surprised with my recent haul of stuff, as i had not purchased any luxury brands for a good 8-10 years. My Coach key holder is "Made in China" and Guess wallet is "Made in India". Both items were purchased from their respective boutiques so it's definately authentic.

I always thought(before re-embarking on my luxury brand journey) that these higher-end stuff are made in their respective country of origin, in the above mentioned case, the United States. The Coach staff who attended to me mentioned that their merchandise are manufactured in their China factories and sent back to the States for packaging and stuff before sending them out to the world.

I think it doesnt matter where they are made to most of us--it is the fact that we are used to something and then it changes, In a world of forgery and fake, we want everything not to change. For example, look at the heat gold LV stamp in your wallets with a magnifying glass---are they messy? Or perfect? One of mine is perfect to t he eye but messy under a loupe?

My dustbags are all made in India (Speedy, ZCP and cles sizes).

I've only had anything designer for a few years and anything LV for less than that and I was surprised my Coach, LAMB, KS and MK were made in China or Vietnam.

Nothing wrong with the quality of any of mine, but I was expecting them to be made in the US and didn't look at the tags until later.

My Speedy was made in the US and I did know that they weren't all made in France before I bought it but that was surprising when I first heard it here.

Never looked, but I thought the last dustbag I received on my Favorite was a bit flimsy. Not disparaging Indian cotton, I think LV has gone a bit cheap on the dustbag quality. I checked and some much older ones I have are thicker.

I don't much care, as long as it protects the bag over the long run. BV has lovely thick dust bags. Gucci, el cheapos.

I know this is an old thread but....

Even "made in France/Spain/whatever" doesn't mean the whole thing was made there. When people think of making a luxury bag they automatically imagine an artisan like Gepetto working leather over a table.

Those days are long gone and they are not coming back.

The Pradas, Guccis, LVs, etc are being churned out by the millions. They have to made well and made fast. You need a lot of people in the production line. That's not a bad thing.

Keep in mind there are many steps in bag and shoe production from making the materials (leather, coated canvas, etc) to to shipping. One major step is cutting the material components - much the same as cutting out pieces of fabric for sewing a dress.

There are a lot of pieces in a bag!! I don't know but I have a strong hunch LV cuts its materials in China then ships them out to the the factories in Spain, etc for final assembly. Seriously, how else can they stay competitive? Buckles, zippers, rings, etc of luxury bags are virtually all made in China. Assuming LV falls into this category. The top Chinese factories are professional and most important they are flexible. Read this article: http://www.marketplace.org/topics/business/luxury-item-may-be-made-china

Ask yourself this: do you like the bag and are you willing to pay the price regardless of where it is made?

Forget where its made and enjoy your bag!

Reactions: Jlk651029