does your DH or SO try to interefere w/ your chanel addictions?

Of course! My husband has settled down a little since I have joined. He noticed I am not the only one who appreciates luxury handbags. He wants me to have the nice bags you all have. :wlae:

:roflmfao:

What a "toy" for big boys!!

I hear you on that!!

LOL Maxter! But your driveway is pretty big and it does snow alot in Wisconsin, no? Nice house!

Yes it does snow alot here. But my husband always seems to be travelling when it snows. So, I hired a plow service. Does he really think I'm going to get on that thing?? I'll cut the grass but that's where I draw the line. That is actually a plow that he bought from city services.

Every day you're alive is special!! You're special, he's special -- he, she and it are special. I'm going to get a tad personal here. I was a vegetarian, exercised, hitchhiked across country -- very active. I got cancer and my back has a thoracic herniation and cysts growing on nerves. DH stepped over my body one day on his way to work. He never did it again after what we both ended up going through. Life is special and each of us deserves to be happy. Appreciate and love each other for life is too short to argue over Chanel purses, and computer chips for cars. (I love cars too. We now have 4 of them, too.) When mortality slaps you in the face, things seem to come into focus. It's a shame it takes something so devastating to teach us.

Amen, jmen. Bless you.

Every day you're alive is special!! You're special, he's special -- he, she and it are special. I'm going to get a tad personal here. I was a vegetarian, exercised, hitchhiked across country -- very active. I got cancer and my back has a thoracic herniation and cysts growing on nerves. DH stepped over my body one day on his way to work. He never did it again after what we both ended up going through. Life is special and each of us deserves to be happy. Appreciate and love each other for life is too short to argue over Chanel purses, and computer chips for cars. (I love cars too. We now have 4 of them, too.) When mortality slaps you in the face, things seem to come into focus. It's a shame it takes something so devastating to teach us.

God Bless You :yes:

I love this thread LOL and Maxter, your house is TDF...and Irene, you are so funny omg...a purse sitting at your friend's house in Pittsburgh...my hubby has no clue what i've spent and i fortunately have my own $..................but he until about a couple of years ago thought "Chanel" was the name of a French pastry, like "eclair" lol
and he just doesnt notice when i am carrying a new bag...........its like the male equivalent of being color blind, he is bag blind. anyway he has his media room and 60" TV ( i sacrificed what would have been the master bedroom for his sanctuary, this media room) BUT.....don't feel sorry for me, i got a whole bedroom for a closet/hangout/office/boudoir
i am a very fortunate girl :P

I love this thread LOL and Maxter, your house is TDF...and Irene, you are so funny omg...a purse sitting at your friend's house in Pittsburgh...my hubby has no clue what i've spent and i fortunately have my own $..................but he until about a couple of years ago thought "Chanel" was the name of a French pastry, like "eclair" lol
and he just doesnt notice when i am carrying a new bag...........its like the male equivalent of being color blind, he is bag blind. anyway he has his media room and 60" TV ( i sacrificed what would have been the master bedroom for his sanctuary, this media room) BUT.....don't feel sorry for me, i got a whole bedroom for a closet/hangout/office/boudoir
i am a very fortunate girl :P

ok claudia, you're tooooooooooooooo funny!!! it's like the male equivalent of being color blind. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

So funny! Yes, I know how you feel. I'm in a long distance relationship and when my boyfriend is here, I hide the "good stuff." And if I do wear it I lie and either say I got it at a special designer outlet, or on Ebay for "next to nothing," or that my aunt left it to me." I'm afraid he will think I'm a spendthrift or something! Ha ha!!

OMG I bet your DH and my DH have crossed paths!! LOL Too bad we just got rid of our Audi. We have always had Audi's and this is the first time in about 20 years that we haven't had one. My license plate was AUDIOS. Get it? Adios but it was an Audi. Ha ha. Most people thought it had something to do with a radio.

Ha! That is hilarious- I guess people never noticed you drove an Audi LOL!!!:nuts:

:sweatdrop: bag-blind.. LOL

Why (most) men like to control their women? The fact that it happen in real life always piss me off.

My BF lost a lot (more than he can afford to lose) in gamble so he doesn't have any say in me spending my own money for handbags. or anything else
At least I'm getting something out of my money.

takeoutbox - lock him in a closet full of handbags & let him go :hysteric:

Originally Posted by jmen

Amen. Amen. God Bless! :heart:

my boyfriend doesn't say too much. he splurges big bucks on his vintage, OG sneakers and whatnot. he butts in when it gets over the top though. i admit i cross the line. i do borrow his credit card, but i always pay him back on time! :yes: i promised him a purchase ban after this month though. oooh, help me.

i don't necessarily think it's a control thing, he just wants me to be wiser with my money...i mean besides the member on this board, who else has sympathy for our addictions.
very, very true. it's my money, but bf is in finance. most people don't get our thing for these bags, and then factor in someone with a finance background, he must really love me, bc i know he thinks this is :nuts: !!

everyone has to have a luxury. For years I worked and actually made more than my husband-but now I am a pregnant homemaker. Fortunatly he has a Porsche 911 turbo to keep him happy-he hardly notices if I spend a couple thousand here or there. But I always encourage him to treat himself-that way when I want something he usually tells me to go agead. But I think it is good that he knows I am capable of supporting myself if I had to.