Does Your Bag Have To Match Your Shoes ?

I would coordinate style more than colour - never a dressy bag with sneakers... But then again, both my shoes and bags are mostly black. If ever I wear bright coloured shoes, the bag would def. have to be really understated, and vv.

But for a formal night out, I think matching is ok - like a matching clutch to go with those special shoes.

I don't try to do an exact match but coordination is key. I try to make sure that my shoes and bags share a common color or are in the same color family.

I am particular about hardware though. If I'm carrying a purse with gold hardware, I'll make sure that my shoes have a gold trim/hardware or are in a basic non-clashing color. :sweatdrop:

I prefer not to match, but make sure not to clash. I also make sure my bag is appropriate to the shoes and the rest of outfit. I generally don't change my bags as often as my shoes, so my bags tend to be pretty neutral.

I like to match my bag to my shoes, but i think most of the time i tend to co-ordinate bag and shoes to the rest of my outfit rather than matching them to eachother.