Does TOD's classic Media "D-BAG" ever go on sale?

Mar 7, 2006
For the longest time I had thought Tod's bags were too plain and old-lady-ish.....but for some reason lately Tod's classic MEDIA D-BAG has started growing on me. I saw the most gorgeous RED color & an equally stunning MIDNIGHT BLUE color the other day and fell in love instantly. Here's what the red one looks like (if I get one it'll be in the larger size, larger than this one shown):

0434870538781_500x500.jpg

I've never followed Tod's sale price patterns before, but now I'm wondering.... do Tod's classic D-bags -- in the seasonal colors -- get marked down during sales season each year? At NM/Saks? Or Tod's boutiques? Or do they only put the non-D-bag styles/lesser-in-demand styles on sale? I really love this bag but am not so ready to pay $1k full retail.....esp. if this brand will go on sale later on this summer at dept. stores.

Any advice/past experiences with sales on Tod's D-bag's? TIA!

i am no expert and i can't answer your question but i own one Tod's purse i recieved as a gift from my mother and i love it to death, goofy shape she picked out and all. there's a newer media bag (i think it's newer anyway) that i want way bad. does anyone else like this designer? i think Tod's is classic. and their leather is of great quality. very well made bag.

Bluefly.com has D bags from time to time, at a discount. I know some people on this forum have had some problems with bluefly but from what I have read on this forum they are getting better. I snagged a white D bag there last year and it is real.

Tod's bags definitely go on sale at NM, Saks, AND their boutiques. I bought the D-bag in gold last December for my mom at Saks for 40% off, and I know their handbags (not necessarily this bag though) go on sale at the boutiques for 50% off!! Good luck!

Eugin i agree haha i dont live too far about an hr from woodbury and i never drive up there obviously i need to do that!!!!!!! :smile: i went so long ago i forgot how amazing but i keep reading about all the great deals there!

I got my Tods Media D at Woodbury Commons :biggrin:

I love it! its absolutely 'me' so much so that I've actually stopped looking at other handbags. I have found my perfect one & for the time being I'm extremely happy with it!