Does this happen to anyone else's Soho disco bag?

TXLVer

Aug 9, 2013
So, I have noticed that when I carry my soho disco bag one side flops in on the top. Only the back side does it, never the front. I don't carry a ton in it and maybe if I did, it would fill the bag more and it wouldn't sag in but it bugs me. I've only carried it a handful of times. Wondering if this is just the nature of the bag's design or if it's a flaw. When I have to lift or move the bag in any way, it just caves in on itself. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 2,049
Mine doesn't do this but then it's suede so possibly thicker

You prob have, but do you stuff it when stored and see if it cures it?

Mine doesn't do this but then it's suede so possibly thicker

You prob have, but do you stuff it when stored and see if it cures it?
No, I didn't try that but since it's the top that does it, I couldn't stuff it that full because then I wouldn't be able to get anything out. It's just not keeping the boxy shape on that one side. I like the bag but it's annoying. Just thought I'd ask here to see if it's a common issue that I just need to deal with. Thanks.

I don't have one but it's not a flaw, it's just the leather breaking in and molding too your body imo.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using PurseForum mobile app
But if it's new, shouldn't it start out stiff and get softer after time? It's too soft there and not holding the shape. This leather is a softer, not stiff leather to begin with.

But if it's new, shouldn't it start out stiff and get softer after time? It's too soft there and not holding the shape. This leather is a softer, not stiff leather to begin with.
I believe that it's calfskin which is a soft leather, it's not going to hold the shape. Design wise this is not a structured bag it's meant to be soft and smooshy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PurseForum mobile app

Yeah I have the black one and it does this too, I have a carrier bag that I put inside it when I'm not using it and it sorts it out. It only does this slightly now when I'm wearing it but that doesn't bother me

So, I have noticed that when I carry my soho disco bag one side flops in on the top. Only the back side does it, never the front. I don't carry a ton in it and maybe if I did, it would fill the bag more and it wouldn't sag in but it bugs me. I've only carried it a handful of times. Wondering if this is just the nature of the bag's design or if it's a flaw. When I have to lift or move the bag in any way, it just caves in on itself. Thanks.

Hi. Awhile ago I purchased this set of 3 Travelon bags from TJMaxx. The large size fits perfect as a stiffener for the inside of your disco bag; but to avoid the zippers getting caught while using the bag, I would recommend the medium size. I just recently purchased this bag and placed them inside my bag to check out the size. It's a perfect fit. I plan on using the large size for when my bag is not in use and the medium size when I'm in the go with my bag. Not only that it will help keep the bag clean. :smile:

IMG_7769.JPG

Last edited:
Hi. Awhile ago I purchased this set of 3 Travelon bags from TJMaxx. The large size fits perfect as a stiffener for the inside of your disco bag; but to avoid the zippers getting caught while using the bag, I would recommend the medium size. I just recently purchased this bag and placed them inside my bag to check out the size. It's a perfect fit. I plan on using the large size for when my bag is not in use and the medium size when I'm in the go with my bag. Not only that it will help keep the bag clean. :smile:

View attachment 3490359
That's a neat idea! I use stiff cardboard in my LV neverfulls LOL!! I just didn't see the point in ordering those base shapers as I needed both mm and gm. No one is looking inside my bag. And it was FREE.

That's a neat idea! I use stiff cardboard in my LV neverfulls LOL!! I just didn't see the point in ordering those base shapers as I needed both mm and gm. No one is looking inside my bag. And it was FREE.
Excellent move on the LV bags. I see those acrylic inserts for the bottom of those bags which are quite costly! Can't beat the cardboard ones though lol. Good for you! :smile: