Does the cognac spy work well with mostly-black outfits?

1. Hi all! This is my first post, and long story short, I now FINALLY understand this purse lust/obsession thing, and I'm madly in love with the Fendi spy. I'm thinking about investing in one, and I'm trying to decide on a color.

After about 20 years of NOTHING but black purses, I'm sick of them, even though all of my work suits are variations of black and cream/white. My favorite color would be a nice rich blue (like cobalt) but the only spy I've seen in that color is 33K, which is about 31K more than I'm willing to spend.

The next appealing option to me (so far) is cognac -- but I wanted to ask people's opinion of how that might look with a mostly black suit. I actually cut out a pic of the cognac and held it up to pics of black outfits, and I think that combination looks ravishing, but there's nothing like actually seeing the real thing in person.

I also like the cognac b/c it looks like it would also look great with just a simple white T and jeans.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this delicious dilemma!

2. Hi ! I also wear alot of black and I just tried on the cognac spy today (I was wearing black) it really makes the bag stand out. It's gorgeous you have to try one on ! I'm really thinking about getting it because it's very versatile. So basically I think you could really work it !

3. I am not sure if this will be of any help but I took a pic of my cognac spy agains one of my black suits (it was kind of dark in the room but I hope it gives you some sort of an idea):

PICT6600.jpg

4. I think cognac works with everything!:tup: Such a beautiful, elegant and timeless colour!

5. Oooh, fun dilemma indeed! I think cognac would look great with black. it sounds like a good choice for you!:tup:

6. Wow, Irene, thanks for the pic! :drool: I think that combination looks really nice -- very sophisticated, actually. (Something I'm not -- yet -- but am slowly aspiring to.) A black bag with a black outfit would be too boring (for me, anyway, since that's what I've been pairing for 20 years....)

7. If you like blue why not get the blueberry spy? :smile:

8. Oohhh, that cognac is yummmm!

9. Oh- and there"s also a blue called Petrol that you might like, LaciGirl007. :yes:

10. Blueberry would look stunning with black! But the Cognac would work very well too and I think it's a much more versatile colour!

11. Cognac is gorgeous! It is such a neutral and beautiful color, it will go with almost everything! :biggrin:

12. What is this bag worth 33k?!?!:wtf: As Kav said you might consider the blueberry which is dark blue and absolutely gorgeous!! Cognac is very nice too, and there is a darker brown version which is chocolate. Have you browsed through our reference pictures?

13. ITA with everyone ... cognac is a gorgeous neutral color, I think it goes with almost everything (BTW I wear mine with everything and I think it looks OK).

14. I saw a reference to a $33K blue crocodile spy here.

15. Yes! i love wearing brown and black together i have the Cognac and a Black Fendi Spy and sometimes i just take the Cognac when i wear black outfits

it works def.