Does Coach look better in Real life?

Dec 20, 2006
I couldn't think of the right title for this thread. Does anyone else have the experience of seeing a Coach item in the store, catalog or online and not really caring for it, only to see the same item carried by a person (in real life) and think it's fabulous? This happens to me all the time. I've seen the signature stripe on this board, in the store, online, and I wasn't wowed by it. But on Friday I saw someone getting on the bus with it and I did a double take. I thought, "Boy, that looks great!" It was a small tote in the khaki/gold I think.

Am I the only one?

yes. there are LOTS of bags you just gotta see irl- you need to try them on and fondle the leather (not that i've done that...). i think almost everyone on here feels a littled WOWed by the punch irl (and definately the gold-it's gorgeous!)

and, on the reverse side, some bags you LOVE online don't hold up to expectations in the store (like a few people are feeling with the new lilac hobo).

Definitely! When I first saw the whiskey, I was kind of "eh" about it. Then I saw someone with a whiskey ali and I loved the color - it looked so much better being "used" than just sitting there . . .

Of course, this is coming from the woman who falls in love with every bag that has to be ordered b/c it's only being sold in 3 stores . . .

I definitely have to see a bag IRL before I know for sure if I want it. I was in lust with the camel color in the soho bags online, but when I saw them in store it went down to "strong like." And I liked the Carly online and when I saw it in Macy's, but I saw a lady one day with one and oh man...:drool: